Alex asked in HealthOther - Health · 2 months ago

I have a history of athlete. I am healthy and young should I not stay at home? Should I be afraid of a cold?

stay home.. even if its not life-threatening to you, you could kill someones mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, etc if you got it and spread it by going out

You have a natural immunity that protects you from many factors to cause infections, illness,etc. If you have not had a blood test or your urine measured, you might consider having the tests. There are about 40 components in blood that are measured in a blood test and many components in your urine. Test results will provide details of your health you may not know. For example, any infection in your body will raise your white-blood cells to a higher number that a doctor can determine you may have an infection. Problems with your heart will cause enzymes to flood your body so doctors are alerted you may have silent heart problems. The same is true for kidney and liver enzymes that show whether these organs are functioning OK. If you have medical insurance, your doctor can collect a blood and urine sample and sent to a testing laboratory for analysis. If you wish to bypass medical insurance, you can purchase the same tests cheaper at major supermarkets that have mini-clinic within the stores. I had my blood tested last year at a participating Kroger mini-clinic for $75. Testing for testosterone is higher because a more sensitive instrument to test this hormone is required. Next choice is a 24/7 Emergency Clinic at various locations probably where you live. This clinic has a physician on staff, so the cost may be a little higher. The supermarket mini-clinics have professional healthcare employees that collect blood and urine samples. Telephone these clinics and inquire. The nation's chief testing laboratories are LABCORP and Quest Diagnostics. You can also call and inquire.

harrald

i would just try to follow the rules anyways, and its not a cold, i dont get sick either

Slow down Zeus, even Greek godlike athletes could get sick.