promotion image of download ymail app
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Question on DID/Split Personality?

I'm currently unable to see a psychiatrist due to COVID19, but I wanted to just see if anyone here had any insight? I refuse to "self-diagnose" but I wanted some insight from perhaps someone *with* DID/split personalities?

I dealt with more traumatic events than I should've at a young age I don't wish to share as I only partially remember some but they still affect me.My parents, teachers, and classmates constantly point out how I "act different sometimes" or "seem like multiple people", and whenever I ask what they mean, they usually point out verbal differences or physical differences or not remembering things that've happened or that I've done.I very very often find myself unable to remember certain events in my life (to the point I need daily reassurance if I feel a different way) and horrific migraines that continue on and on. I also find myself speaking aloud to myself when nobody else is around, or even when others *are* around and I've gotten a bunch of bizarre looks and trouble for it.I do not think I have DID nor do I *want* it as I know it's very difficult to deal with, but I do have to agree I believe something isn't right. I don't want to waste a psychiatrist's time nor do I really know what to say to describe any of this, but my mom who works in the medical field has pointed out various "signs" I've shown of DID without ever mentioning it.Sorry for the long post that's poorly explained, but I tried my best. Thanks for any opinions, I appreciate it a lot.


Edit: I forgot to clarify that I have a preexisting diagnosis of anxiety and depression, and if it matters at all, autism and ADD have been mentioned but not properly diagnosed.

2 Answers

  • 2 months ago

    I think you would want a psychiatrist's opinion about this. Perhaps your GP could recommend one who does telephone sessions. I've heard that some are doing this.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

    You may have a mental disorder from the traumatic events that occurred in your life. To me, it kind of sounds like PTSD/Anxiety. However, I do not know for sure, but I would say when things clear up to go see your doctor and tell them about your issues. They will refer you to a psychiatrist/counselor. 

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.