Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Is my dog the cause of my insect bites?

I let my chihuahua sleep on my blanket. And when I use the blanket later I get these large itchy insect bites all over my body. I don't think it's fleas cause they are large with a hole in the middle like mosquito bites. But I can't see any insects whatsoever.

So any idea what they could be and if she's bringing them in since she spends half the day outdoors?

Gu e the dog a dish soap bath. Exotic the house or apt. Take out food and water. Bug bomb your place for several hours.

Fleas you can see and feel hopping.

Mites crawl and itch. Or its dog rash. Ants bite and it stings. But its prob not ants. Could it be bed bugs?

Your choices are to stop allowing the dog on the blanket, stop using the blanket period, and/or stop allowing the dog on any on any bed or furniture you USE.

For now, you need to figure out if regardless (of cover shared) - if you have an allergic reaction (say to the blanket or to the dog, dog's collar, dog grooming product, laundry detergent, etc.) and are you seeing HIVES, vs insect bites, or is your dog (INDEED) a carrier of fleas, mites, chiggers, etc.

Could be mites.   When living in an arable area, ours would pick up Harvest Mites and once on us, boy could they itch.

Dogs are disgusting and dirty so yes 

Put some kind of white cloth under her & ruff up her fur all over her body. Then using a spray bottle lightly spray the cloth with water. If some of the little black specs turn red, that is flea droppings.

Ticks & mosquitos both inject a serum into their victim to thin the blood, so it will just flow down their throats. It is that serum that turns the bites red & also the cause of the severe itches.

The white cloth is the quickest way to find out if your dog has fleas. Unless you dig in the fur hunting for them.

• patty

most dogs and cats need flea protection. try some and u may find the fleas and their bites will go away