Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Do I need to tell my girlfriend?

I’m a 48 year old man and for the last 3 months, I’ve been dating/living with a 22 year old woman. It’s been incredible! The best few months of my life. 

However, we’ve recently found out she’s pregnant. She’s very excited. She loves that we’re becoming a “proper family”. The problem is, I’m married. I haven’t told my girlfriend. Do you think it’s necessary for me to tell her? And if so, how do I tell her in a way that doesn’t make me look bad and make her want to leave me?

Are you separated or divorcing?  You can tell her that. When the paperwork is completed you will be free to remarry.

Are you planning to remain with your wife?  If so, you need to tell her immediately, so she can decide whether she wants to raise a child independently. 

How convenient now that she's pregnant you hit her with I'm married.  You should have told that upfront and saved her the trouble.  Way to go.

• Anna

He is just as much to blame for her pregnancy as she is. She didn't get pregnant on her own you know.

If i found that out I would ditch you, there was no reason not to tell her before now

Messy situation! You should have left your wife if you were not happy with her and you definitely should have told your girlfriend. but to be honest,  both sides will find out the truth so just tell them. We all make mistakes. now a baby is in the picture so just leave the drama and move on with your responsibilities by taking care of your child. Congrats!

If I was you, I'd ditch my wife, who you obviously weren't happy with anyhow, and marry the 22 year old. You should have told the 22 year old though.

• Alan H

You cannot tell her in a way that does not make you LOOK bad because that is exactly what you have been, both to her and your wife.

The outcome may well be that your wife divorces you, claiming half of your assets; and the pregnant girlfriend claims maintenance for your child for the next 18-21 years.

We tend to reap what we sow.    Enjoy!

Uh yeah, you did it wrong. You were supposed to get a divorce first, then a gf and baby last. It could all be so simple.

Dont cheat in the first place and you wouldn't be in this situation..poor  woman tell them both and be a man 

• Anna

How is he cheating when he and his wife are SEPARATED? They just haven't officially divorced.

Are you married in the sense that you are living with your wife? Or are you married in the sense that it's only on paper and that for whatever reason the divorce hasn't gone through yet? I need to know more here about your situation, before I can give you a solid answer on this.

If you are full blown living with your wife and cheating on her with your current girlfriend? Yea you need to tell both of them! Both of these ladies are innocent victims in your selfish game here, and you 100% are going to wind up hurting BOTH of these women you claim to care about. I'm sorry, but this will make you look bad there is no two ways about it! I highly doubt your girlfriend would choose to be with a guy who is 100% married to someone else, I think you know this, hence why you haven't told her the truth. I can tell you she will leave you, no self resepecting woman would choose to be some dude's mistress.

If the marraige is on paper only, you should still tell her.

• Eva

Good luck with that, daddy. You might want to worry a bit more about what your wife will do when she finds out.

• Anna

Not if he isn't living with her and they're bot together he isn't. I agree he should have told his girlfriend he was legally married but separated though.