Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 2 months ago

Is my teacher high?

I'm a HS junior with a teacher who's pretty... off. He's high energy pretty much constantly, often talking so fast it's incoherent. Kids love him cause he's hyper friendly and always trying to be funny/relatable with students. His class is constantly disorganized, and he's EXTREMELY forgetful; will say something one day, contradict or deny it the next. But the biggest red flag for me is his lectures (which are the majority of the class) will get super enthusiastic and tangential, and he'll start to talk so loud it seems like he can't hear himself. There are other little things (not being able to sit still, red eyes) but those are the big ones. People have written me off about this saying he's just the "cool" quirky history teacher type, but I'm 90% sure he's on something (my guess is coke). Do you think he's high? We're in online school atm, but when we're back next year should I do something about it? 

• Nancy

LMAO. Yeah, like a high school teacher can afford a coke addiction. Do you have any idea how much coke costs? He'd have to make millions to support a coke habit that kept him high throughout the school day every day like you describe. Hell, on a teacher's salary, he can't even afford a meth addiction that would keep him going like that all day every day. Plus, if he were on drugs, he'd have crashes, so he'd be having to have a sub a lot because he'd be missing tons of work, or if he did manage to drag himself to work, he'd be completely withdrawn and tired AF and totally nonconversant on those days, which would be frequent.

If that's how he is all the time, if you don't see any kind of huge mood swings where he's up like that one day and then completely down the next, then that's just how he is. That's his personality.

He may be hyperactive and have attention deficit disorder. That would explain his energy level and disorganization.