Jack asked in SportsFootball (American) · 2 months ago

Who Is Deemed The Greatest Football Player To Ever Step Onto The Field?

This Would Include The Time That We Were First Introduced To The Super Bowl.

Favorite Answer

Statistically it’s Jerry Rice. After all the rule changes the only record that could be broken anytime soon is most receptions by Larry Fitzgerald.

Why do you Americans call it football when it is an egg shaped thing carried in your hand. Football is supposed to be a ball kicked by your foot. Hence the name: football

Oh and to answer your question: Cristiano Ronaldo is the greatest football player to ever step on the field 

Tom Brady is widely regarded as the best ever.

• Bob

I can't name the best ever I will offer my opinion of the best in each era.Prior to 1950 it was Don Hutson.From 1950 to 1970 it was Jim Brown.From 1970 to 200 it was Jerry Rice,and from 2000 on it was Tom Brady.

Source(s): my opinion

It depends on the position, one person that comes to min because of my favorite team and the reason I'm a fan of Las Vegas Raiders Bo Jackson.

• Pronk

I originally said Bo,but then remembered Otto Graham (7 championship rings)

• Pronk

Otto Everett Graham Jr. was an American professional football player who was a quarterback for the Cleveland Browns in the All-America Football Conference (AAFC) and National Football League (NFL). Graham is regarded by critics as the best football player ever, having taken the Browns to league championship games every year between 1946 and 1955, winning seven of them.

• Bob

Some may regard Garham as the best football player ever but not most as your answer implies

Depends on position and era, but common names you hear are Barry Sanders, Deion Sanders, Lawrence Taylor, Jerry Rice, Bo Jackson, Jim Brown

Marcus Allen 

• Kathy

In my opinion, Bart Starr.

Terry.................