promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

What should I do if I think the pear shape body looks disproportionate?

And I’m pear shaped?

I’m 5’3 and I weigh 126 lbs. 

Other people confirmed I’m pear shaped and it’s true they can see the difference between my thin upper body and my thick legs and wide hips.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You should accept it. Pear is a nice shape to be. It looks good and more importantly its a healthy shape. 

That being said, you could lift weights to build up your upper body to balance it out. Still don't skip the lower body though because then you would develop an imbalance that way. You don't want a fat lower body and a muscular upper body. In my experience building up my lower body has not increased my pear shape so I guess I lost a little fat there. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • d
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Accept it and make the most of your body type.

Source(s): Fellow pear shape.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Russ has it right. There are styles and shapes that flatter pears, making the most of their best aspects and minimizing the disproportionate.

I've been a pear all my life, although now I'm becoming one of those Harry and David mavericks, the mis-shaped ones they sell cheaper.

You want to always have something that comes close to your body somewhere between your bust and your waist. Skirts should flare rather than be snug on hips, butt, or thighs. Pants should be tailored and not too tight. (Usually takes alteration at the waist, sigh.) If you wear leggings, the tunic needs to be long.

You can go on a trying-on spree once stores are open again.

• 2 months ago

Start appearing in RAP videos?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Develop a clothing style to fit your body type:

https://www.google.com/search?q=clothing+style+for...

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Accept yourself for who you are. If you can't do that find a psychologist who will help you do so.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.