Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Fake friend?

There's this one girl that I was close to we were supposely friends but I've been keeping my distance from her because I feel as though she's fake. She only invites me to small events where we don't really know much people there but she invites her other friends to nice big events. Whenever I invite her to events she declines them and says she's busy. She always try to tell me what to wear and on my birthday she didn't call me but when it was her birthday I came out and did alot just to celebrate with her? Should I end the friendship and should I keep ignoring her? 

Decide whether the friendship is worth keeping.end it gracefully. you should generally follow your gut. If a friendship feels off, or transactional, it's okay to cut it off. this may sound selfish, it's just part of maturing and realizing how important it is to surround ourselves with positive, healthy people who enrich our lives. While there are numerous psychological and physical benefits to having strong friendships, untold damage is done to our emotional well-being by holding on to weak ones.

Yes. She doesn't seem to care for you very much.

Don't end the friendship, continue to be her friend and see if things work out. If she is really your friend, you can tell her about your thoughts. Try to get to know her better and always be there for her.

• y

You should stop measuring friendships by tit for tat. She does invite you to things, smaller events means you have to be more social, comfortable, with the ones you bring. Large events give more room for social butterflies, more time that you would be left on your own. I'm guessing you don't like being left alone in a large crowd. Birthdays, some remember, some do not, never expect reciprocation for what we have done for others on their birthdays. Means absolutely nothing in terms of friendships.  You try to make plans but she is busy, and that in some way should be held against her?  That's insane. My daughter has one day a week that she is available/free. She has to use that one day to balance recharging herself, homework, and seeing her limited number of friends. Who are limited becouse she is so busy and can't just skip something to go hang at the mall.

• y

I'm sorry that your youth renders you unable to grasp any concept, beyond which you want to see.