What's a good sci-fi show to binge during quarantine?

I like Star Trek, Bablyon 5, and am starting Stargate SG-1.

Favorite Answer

Those are all pretty good choices for sci fi.

Others that should definitely not be missed:

- Lost in Space

- when going through the various Star Trek series, don't pass on the Animated Series. The animation is HORRIBLE but the stories are well-written and the voices are done by the Original Series actors. Several of the stories are "sequels" of episodes from the Original Series.

- Battlestar Galactica (the original series)

Sort of "camp", but there's a lot of good stuff there. I love how they sort of borrowed from Van Daniken's work "Chariots of the Gods" (very popular in the 70s) which posed that aliens had visited the Earth in ancient times and influenced ancient civilizations. Of course the Star Gate series adopted that same underlying plot, but Star Gate SG-1 didn't do as good a job with it. (On the other hand, SG-1 was in general better-written than was Galactica).

- the various Star Wars animated series, the best by far is Clone Wars and that is also the first produced that is worth watching

- The Thunderbirds (1960s) and The Thunderbirds are Go (current) - animated space-race era TV series

doc who mate

classic and nu

FRINGE!!!! It is so good

The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, or DC Legends of Tomorrow. All found on Netflix

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Doctor Who, especially the classic episodes they air on Pluto TV.

Idk, I’m just gonna suggest the show I always do...Sleepy Hollow. It has 4 seasons, it’s a horror series that’s kinda like supernatural. If anything just watch the trailer for season 1

My number 1 sci-fi show is Deep Space 9. 

The Expanse

Dark Matter

Killjoys

Farscape

Continuum

Alias

Battlestar Galactica

I really like SG-1.  It starts a little shaky, but you'll be hooked by the end of Season 1.  And it stays good through Season 8.  8 isn't as good, but it wraps things up nicely because the showrunners thought the show was ending.  And then the show kept going for two more years on a shark-jumping plot and a couple direct to DVD movies.  Shoulda stopped at 8.  You should feel free to stop after season 8.

Orville is okay, but not great.

I suggest Future Man on Hulu which is HILARIOUS.

Firefly cannot be missed. 

Many people will suggest the Battlestar Gallactica remake several years ago.  I'm NOT a fan, but especially if you're a B5 fan, I think you should try it.

Doctor Who can get pretty damn campy at times, but at other times it actually quite solid sci fi.  You should probably stick to the new Who, rather than trying to slog through the even campier old Who.

I'm also not a huge fan of Farscape, but I know some people who ADORED it.

Fringe is a good watch...until the last season which jumps like 50 sharks at once.

Futurama is an animated sitcom, and a parody, but it's actually sneakily good sci fi.

Again, I didn't like Expanse, but SOOOO many people love it.

Eureka is a little more light-hearted and having fun with sci fi.

Westworld receives a lot of praise but, alas, I do not have HBO so I can't speak personally.

Stranger Things sort of walks the line between sci fi and fantasy and horror, but it's good.

Orphan Black...again, not my bag, but very highly praised.

Seaquest was a underwater star trek that...wasn't great, but if you really love the star trek formula, it's following it.

I think Dark Angel was an under-rated series before it was killed.

And it's not a series, but you should absolutely watch GalaxyQuest the movie, which is the best Trek parody ever but is also actually a decent movie on it's own.

• Kathy

Battlestar Galactica.......