Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Did i do something wrong?

I was talking to a friend and he is being bullied and made fun of my some people in class.

So he wanted to know what happens behind his back and i didn't want to tell him because it's just gonna hurt him more but he insisted that i tell him who said what.

I didnt want to tell him but i had no choice but to tell him that some people are making fun of his appearance and calling him ugly.Of course i told him that i dont agree with them on that and i think he looks decent enough.This conversation upset him more which i knew this would happen.I don't think he's ugly or that there's anything wrong with him, people are just making fun of things about him that aren't true.They are just jealous i guess.Something is really wrong with my classmates.I don't think anyone outside our class would call him ugly.

• Ana
    Favorite Answer

It’s good that you told him, the only thing you should have done is told him that they’re completely wrong and that he looks good. Aside from that, you should always tell the truth. A good friend tells their friend the truth.

Obviously it hurt his feelings, but he’s not mad at you, he’s mad at them

• Chanel

I would not listen to a person who was speaking negatively about a friend. Once they began to say anything negative I would walk away.

I may say to them "why can't you leave him alone? He has done nothing to you and he is a really nice person".

If he is upset reassure him that school does not last forever.

Do not get into any conversations about him with other people.

yes you did something wrong. instead of relaying to him who said what you should actually have the guts to speak up when people are talking about him in front of you to the people who are talking, not just run to him and tell him you don't agree, have the guts to disagree in front of the jerks who are doing it

• Ana

This is also a good point

They are bullying him because it gives then a sense of power. That is because he gets upset. If he learned to just ignore them instead they would eventually stop. It is his reaction that encourages them.