• Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Umm, maybe she has another disease. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Your mother is coughing a lot, but she doesn't have fever and she doesn't have difficulty breathing. She is probably suffering from seasonal allergies. It's "allergy" time of the year.

• 2 months ago

CoVID-19 starts with a dry cough and before signs of a fever show up. Difficulty in breathing comes later when the lungs become inflamed.

When in doubt get tested. At the least it's seasonal allergies (currently where I live the tree pollen count is over 6,000 ppm and covers everything in a fine grit, even inside the home); at worst with a positive CoVID-19 test your mom can self-isolate and hopefully recover without a cytokine storm event (that cytokine storm event is what is killing people, the body's immune system goes amok and starts attacking initially the lungs, causing systemic sepsis, that then causes organ failure. No one knows who is susceptible to it, there are conditions that are higher risk, but not all will experience a cytokine storm reaction).

• 2 months ago

She could have lung cancer.

• Vicky G
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

My Dad died of lung cancer last year, the cough is very different from a normal one.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mandy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Why do you think someone here would know if your mom has the virus?  Call a doctor.  You will probably be told to self-quarantine.  If you are somewhere where they are testing, she could try to go to one of the drive-thru testing sites.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.