Computer Programming/ Pascal Programming?

Can someone please tell me if this is correct? My answers are in the pascal equivalent column. Thank you!

Favorite Answer

The ones you filled in look good, except that ÷ could be either / or div, depending on what sort of division you want to perform.  The div operator performs integer division, discarding the remainder (no rounding) with an integer result.  The / operator performs floating point division and returns a real result.

You use either write() or writeln() to output one or more values to the console or other standard output device. 

write("The value is ")

Use read() to read input from the console or other standard input device into named variables.  Multiple variables can be read in one statement.

read(x, y)

Use the := operator as the "assignment arrow".  (Some languages use = for assignment, but Pascal uses = to mean the more natural "is equal to" comparison operator.)

• husoski

Anyway, I feel your irritation with the scientists.  I had a similar experience trying to convince some engineers that digitally averaging the output of log amp wasn't going to make noise in the linear signal go away.