promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

My ceilings being torn out due to mold?

A group of guys are tearing out my ceilings due to severe mold in my attic in specially in my bathroom but I left my body wash in there in a few other things and I think they tore the ceilings done with my stuff still in there so I took out my body wash and I rinsed it under the sink but I used it now I m afraid maybe I expose myself to asbestos or the insulation..but I m sure if it was bad that guys would have thrown all that out but they just left it in there and my body wash they took out and put on my desk but I m not sure if it was exposed to asbestos or not was it okay that I rinsed it and used it?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

    Should be fine.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • k w
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    if the moisture there can't escape, mold will grow, you got lots more to be concerned about than body wash.....

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    There should have been a containment that isolated the area which had the mold. Mold is very dangerous to inhale. 

    If there was asbestos there also should have been a containment with hepa filters.

    The body wash was in a closed bottle wasn't it?

     I'd be more concerned about mold + asbestos contamination of your living space and what you are inhaling 

    If there was asbestos they should have had respirators on with round purple filters (p100)

    Attachment image
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

    If there was asbestos up there, then they should NOT have just torn it all down the way you describe.  Removing asbestos should be done by a commercial company who would 'quarantine' the areas affected properly.    Yes, you have been exposed to asbestos in any case without the areas being properly sealed off.    Treating/removing asbestos is no joke and should never be done by a 'group of guys'.   That's a very foolish thing to allow to happen.   Your bathroom should have been sealed off and the workers wear proper clothing to make sure they weren't at risk.

    A property opposite had asbestos soffits - a number one human carcinogen.   It was a touch extreme, but he had the entire property shielded by plastic while the work was done and a sealed entrance/exit for the men involved.  By a commercial company.   It your property only has asbestos cement board, you may be less at risk.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.