promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 2 months ago

When do you think the COVID-19 pandemic will be over? To be specific, in America?

Hopefully, it ends soon. As a senior in high school, I am very afraid I won't get prom or graduation. But, I do not think it will last as long as Trump is saying it is going to last (August I have heard). What is your guess?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I am optimistic about May. Modern science has been having decent success with limiting severe contagions. The Ebola and H1N1 outbreaks were preventing from being massive killers. An approved vaccine is a long way off but other medical procedures could be discovered to end the shelter in place safety requirement.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 weeks ago

en estados unidos es mas dificil que termine ya que tiene muchos contagiados y muertos pero si tu y tu familia y todos los conocen se quedan en su casa tal vez pronto

• 2 months ago

I think restrictions will loosen up by mid May. Don't listen to those people saying 1-2 years they are dumb *******

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Probably not for a year or more. When a vaccine becomes available, we might see a slowdown. But that won't happen for a while.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Laurie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It will take about a year to disappear altogether. We will probably be sheltering in place for 3 months.

And... I NEVER listen to Trump.

• 2 months ago

Hopefully, it ends soon. As a senior in high school, I am very afraid I won't get prom or graduation. But, I do not think it will last as long as Trump is saying it is going to last (August I have heard). What is your guess?

• 2 months ago

It will last as long as it lasts.

Essentially, that's until we have a way of dealing with it. The end points:

-- humanity develops a strong resistance to it

-- vaccines are produced widely and cheaply

-- the virus mutates to something harmless

So, probably six months minimum when it "burns" itself out (September or October, but probably December or February next year or about a year (February/March) when the first effective vaccines will become available.

Proms and graduation ceremonies are not very important.

• ...Show all comments
    • L. E. Gant
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

The current method of vaccines suggests that the cost depends on the number of people who need it. With billions needing it, cost recovery will be fast, hence the vaccine becomes cheap.

• 2 months ago

I think you can forget about both prom and graduation. (But graduation ceremonies are boring and prom is way overrated.) There just aren't likely to be any large gatherings (except for people stupid enough to be going to these big church services) for the next few months. Unless warm weather breaks the grip of this coronavirus (as it does every year for the flu), this coronavirus epidemic could go on for months until we have a vaccine or a large percentage of the population has had the virus. Life as we know it has been suspended for awhile.

• Lib2 months agoReport

Churches are no longer meeting, it’s all online services for me.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Can't say, unless a vaccine is found in record time. Your graduation will most likely be postponed, people are suffering and all you can think about is your ceremony SMDH....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.