Throw asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 2 months ago

Can you help translate a vulgar phrase from English into French?

Can someone please translate the phrase "**** Jessica specifically" into French? I know that swearing/cussing/cursing does not work the exactly the same way in English as it does in French, but I am hoping to find a French translation that stays true to the vulgarity and ill-will expressed in the original English phrase.

Didn't know that yahoo answers would completely censor the bad word lol!  The four-letter word in question starts with and "F" and ends with "uck".

Favorite Answer

As a native French person, I would say it like that:

_ '' J'emmerde Jessica en particulier ''.

Or:

_ '' J'emmerde Jessica surtout ''.

• Tangi

Throw, it wouldn't translate to "I fùck". "Emmerder" does not mean "to fùck" and is only used here to show disrespect. I doesn't work without a subject.

• MARK

I would go with what Catherine says. As a young man living in France I was quite quickly taught by my French peers to swear very fluently in French. However, I whilst I could say a variety of unpleasant things to you I do not recall if I ever learnt this precise expression and if I ever did I do not remember it. So, I resorted to my bilingual dictionary which is quite helpful with profanities but it, too, was no help with this expression.

I would urge you to learn more useful French than profanities. Having learnt to swear in French I only ever did so with my peers. I would never have used it with anybody else.

• Throw2 months agoReport

Ha ha!  Thank you for your concern Mark, but I actually just needed this translated for a project I'm working on, not for practical purposes.  I would love to learn French one day though.

• Tangi

Catherine gave you a good answer, but here is an alternative :

"Jessica n'a qu'à aller se faire foutre".

It doesn't have the "in particular" element, although I don't think it's really needed, but it also doesn't explicitly mentions you.

It literally means something like "Jessica should go get fùcked" but the actual meaning is closer to "Fùck Jessica"

Since there is no exact equivalent of f*** in French, they tend to use the English term. So the entire phrase would be "F*** Jessica plus précisément".

• Throw2 months agoReport

Would "spécifiquement" work as well in this situation?