promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Throw asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 2 months ago

Can you help translate a vulgar phrase from English into French?

Can someone please translate the phrase "**** Jessica specifically" into French? I know that swearing/cussing/cursing does not work the exactly the same way in English as it does in French, but I am hoping to find a French translation that stays true to the vulgarity and ill-will expressed in the original English phrase.

Update:

Didn't know that yahoo answers would completely censor the bad word lol!  The four-letter word in question starts with and "F" and ends with "uck".

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

As a native French person, I would say it like that:

_ '' J'emmerde Jessica en particulier ''.

Or:

_ '' J'emmerde Jessica surtout ''.

• ...Show all comments
    • Tangi
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Throw, it wouldn't translate to "I fùck". "Emmerder" does not mean "to fùck" and is only used here to show disrespect. I doesn't work without a subject.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • MARK
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I would go with what Catherine says. As a young man living in France I was quite quickly taught by my French peers to swear very fluently in French. However, I whilst I could say a variety of unpleasant things to you I do not recall if I ever learnt this precise expression and if I ever did I do not remember it. So, I resorted to my bilingual dictionary which is quite helpful with profanities but it, too, was no help with this expression.

I would urge you to learn more useful French than profanities. Having learnt to swear in French I only ever did so with my peers. I would never have used it with anybody else.

• Throw2 months agoReport

Ha ha!  Thank you for your concern Mark, but I actually just needed this translated for a project I'm working on, not for practical purposes.  I would love to learn French one day though.

• Tangi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Catherine gave you a good answer, but here is an alternative :

"Jessica n'a qu'à aller se faire foutre".

It doesn't have the "in particular" element, although I don't think it's really needed, but it also doesn't explicitly mentions you.

It literally means something like "Jessica should go get fùcked" but the actual meaning is closer to "Fùck Jessica"

• 2 months ago

Since there is no exact equivalent of f*** in French, they tend to use the English term. So the entire phrase would be "F*** Jessica plus précisément".

• Throw2 months agoReport

Would "spécifiquement" work as well in this situation?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.