Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

Dry texts with a girl! Help me make it more interesting!?

Sooo I’ve been talking with this girl for almost a month and we have a great time when we hangout but our texts are quite dry! I’ll give her multiple opportunities to keep a conversation going and she just replies with dead answers.

For example:

Me: how’s your night going?

Her: good! What about you?

I ask her a question similar to that ALL the time (how’s your day, how’s your night, how’s your morning, how was work today), whatever fits for the situation... and she never elaborates! Her reply is always “good, it’s ok, etc”. I need her to give me more details than that to be able to hold a conversation with her! When she asks me those questions I give her details like “it was good, I got a $20 tip from a customer today and I never get tips so that felt pretty good!”

All she would reply to something like that is “nice!” or “that’s so awesome!”

At this point I would say she’s not interested in me BUT if that was the case I don’t think she would reply to me as often as she does... cuz if it was me and I wasn’t interested in someone, I would leave them on delivered for a couple hours and then give them a dry text, etc, until they got the hint. But she replies to me within a span of 10 min on average ! She shares very little personal information with me, maybe she’s not one whose easily trusting.. I just don’t know!

•  Skip the "how are you/is your day type questions. They're nothing but generic social niceties. 

What do you talk about in person? Does she have subjects shes interested in? Trying steering the convo away from discussing personal matters.

She obviously doesn't want to have a big text conversation.

Sounds like she doesn't really like texting. Some people would rather have an actual conversation in person or on the phone rather than texting.