Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

I work at a retirement community and one of my coworkers who I work with is 62 and she picks on me and talks behind my back and I was ?

wondering why she does that? I’ve eleventh redone anything to her and I’m always nice to her.

It's not you and you're not to blame for her rudeness, report her to your manager and avoid her.

• Chanel

It is not your fault. She is the one with a problem if she has to bad mouth people.

It sounds like she is resentful of the fact she is getting old and needs attention but she is not getting any.

people who gossip to you about other people's lives will talk about you also. Therefore don't tell her anything personal that she can use as a weapon. Do not put yourself in the line of fire.

Ignore her and just be polite and talk about work if you have to.

maybe you should talk to your manager about it

The only person who can tell you the answer to your question is your coworker who picks on you. 

This is a Q&A site, not a mind reading site.

Not everyone is going to like you.  Keep your conversations to work related matters.  Other than that, there's really no reason to talk to her.

I expect it's because she's 62. How wise you were to include this all-important detail. I'm sure when she reaches 63 she'll become a totally different person.

Meanwhile why not spend 20 minutes or so studying your question long rambling question and asking yourself how you could have presented it better. SHORT header question (eg, Why does this woman pick on me?), DETAILS below, and taking a moment to check you haven't typed 'eleventh redone' when you mean 'never done'.

• Dv8s

She obviously has no couth. Others can probably see this, and don't pay her much attention when she's gossiping. You would be wise to not pay her any attention either. In fact the less attention you give her, the less ammo she'll have to slander you.

It's very possible that she is jealous. That's no excuse... but it could be the reason. Just know that you have a perfect right to let her know that you do not appreciate what she is doing and that you want her to stop. But don't become like her - as some people do to 'get even'. If she continues - you can always report her to your boss.

Then ignore her.  You likely aren't the only person she does this to.