Why did people bring up Eminem only in high school and not other rappers?

I was in special needs classes and I’m autistic now I graduated 

I’m 19 

Favorite Answer

I mean you answered it yourself. They were the SPED classes. If you were in any non-sped classes you were more likely to hear people talk about a variety of popular rappers. Just saying. 

I think it's because certain people don't really listen to rap or have only heard the "bad" rappers, so they hear Em and think he's the only good rapper, simply because they haven't heard enough rap. It's the same thing nowadays with Kendrick Lamar, I've seen people saying things like "I never liked hip hop until I heard Kendrick", or "Kendrick Lamar got me in to rap." There's always that one rapper who is more mainstream than others and appeals to non hip hop listeners.

• blank

At my former ice school (I had graduated a long time ago) but we talked about and listened to a variety of Rappers. When we discovered a new Rapper or a current Rapper who is good and no one really listened to them well enough we would always tell each other.Most kids I went to high school with liked Rap. There was a very few who liked Rock (nothing wrong with that in my opinion) But we would listen to a mixture of Rappers

Racist little dweebs. Idk.