promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I have an hp laptop, and some of the keys aren t working.?

The certain keys that aren t working are the left shift, z, x, c, v, m, comma, question mark, and spacebar keys. Idk what to do and it s frustrating, please help.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

How did you type this question if the keys don't work? Do you have a USB keyboard attached? or on-screen keyboard?

You can either just use a USB keyboard and then check your keyboard settings under Control Panel and make sure you select a QWERTY (US) or QWERTY(UK) depending if it has a $ or GBP symbol on it.

If that does not fix it, then it may dirt lodged under the keys affecting the area. You will need to check the laptop service manual to see how to remove the keypad area and clean it.

If that does not work, the USB keyboard / Turning on On-Screen keyboard from Accessibility options may be the only way forward as parts for the laptop may not be available.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

That sucks, do you have a question?

• 2 months ago

I am CURRENTLY typing this using an HP laptop with a Walmart keyboard plugged into the hdmi plug because...yea...the keys just stopped working. Maybe not a reliable brand after all?

Source(s): experience within a year of purchase
    • 2 months agoReport

https://programs4forall.blogspot.com/

• 2 months ago

First Check Your Keyword Setting if seeting is fine then change your your laptop keyboard.

• 2 months agoReport

https://programs4forall.blogspot.com/

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

The Power button, and then immediately press the Esc key repeatedly to open the Startup Menu.If the Startup Menu screen does not open, the integrated keyboard hardware is not working Remove all devices in the Keyboards category, and then restart the computer.

• 2 months ago

Mkae sure there is no sticky residue, under the keys, if so. Clean the keyboard.

• 2 months ago

it needs the attention of a technician. or else to be replaced

• 2 months ago

just take it to a computer place and get it fixed

• 2 months ago

Please get yourself a macbook!!

• ...Show all comments
    • Kevin2 months agoReport

And that extra money you pay is actually worth it if you dont wanna spend $100 each year buying some antivirus that corrupts windows

• 2 months ago

This is common on HP laptops.  My Elitebook 2760p was upgraded from Win7 to 10 and then many of the keys like yours ( zxc/ty,. Enter and some others) failed to work, and sometimes type by themselves.  I replaced the internal keyboard, but no help with that. 

I can use a USB keyboard just fine, though.As well, the Mute/Unmute cycles unpredictably.I have searched for 8 months on line, found out a lot.  This problem has been going on for years.  Only good lead was a person who said there was a conflict between keyboard driver and some process in the Task Manager.

Next I am going to try undoing the Win7 to 10 update.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.