promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationOther - Games & Recreation · 2 months ago

Can my D&D group get me arrested IRL for making things "unfair" for the colored players in the game?

I'm the DM for my group, and I never hid that I'm proud of being white nor that I don't trust colored, but white members vouched for them, and we needed to fill out the group at the time. So why are these white traitors now saying I can be arrested for making monsters that target the characters of colored players, or ruling that they don't find much if any loot, and never anything of value? Isn't it MY word is law in the game, as the DM, and they're not able to separate game and real life?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Nope.  Racism is not illegal.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Its a silly example, but they could call it racism. Thats not exactly a crime, but it could be argued as a form of discrimination for which they could sue you.

• Anonymous2 months agoReport

I would imagine only "triggered" idiots who shouldn't be in law would actually take their case, and a reasonable person would point out that a DM not pandering to a player isn't a crime, nor something to bother the courts with.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No but they can catch you where you are by yourself and it won't be nice.

You're assuming I don't have a firearm on me. They can try, but I will live and they'll die, if they try anything.

• 2 months ago

Probably not but it can make you lose friends. So look out for that. 

They're not my friends, I just game with them. My friends don't insist I'm evil just because I'm white and have a penis, and they don't let their women get away with anything.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Doesn't sound like a police matter.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.