promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 2 months ago

Is Nintendo going to die soon because of Animal crossing?

So I went to meta critic and saw the user reviews and they were all giving it low review score. They gave it a low score because most of them played it with family, but then realized that they couldn’t make their own island on their profile. In order to have multiple islands in animal crossing switch you would need to have another console. Which is very greedy of Nintendo. Now I know why animal crossing new horizons doesn’t allow save data back up because they knew people would attempt to have multiple saves with that game. Do you guys think this is a sign that Nintendo is going to die off soon?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No. As long as it has Zelda, Pokémon, Mario, super smash bros, Mario Kart, it’ll be around. 

I don’t know why people are excited about animal crossing. The first game was fun but the second is just like the first and it got boring real fast. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

no. if i am not mistaken Nintendo was the one that actually saved the gaming industry many years ago from going under. if you look up the gaming industry history you will see. 

• 2 months ago

No. Low scores, audience or critic, does not correlate to low sales. 

The game has already sold millions of copies since its release last week. Nintendo will be fine.

• 2 months ago

This was all known back when the March release date was announced back in June of last year. 

People who are just now finding out about this don't listen to people who are sharing this information.

Nintendo doesn't really care about the Metacritic score.  They care about sales data.

Tomorrow is the end of their fiscal year and we will know what the sales numbers are in about 4 weeks.  Then we'll see how the game has sold in the first 12 days on the market.

My guess is that it will at least be in the top 8 of all-time switch sales and will eventually end up in the top 5.

This will out-sell The Breath of the Wild and Odyssey.

This game will be profitable.  A bunch of asshats 0-starring a game to lower an arbitrarily meaningless number isn't going to change that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.