promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What are the advantages of interchangeability of spare parts? Also List the problems of establishing interchangeability of spare parts?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Pros: lower production cost, lower individual part cost, less part numbers.

Cons: Modification costs in making current product use common part. Not an issue with future products as they can be designed from scratch to use common part.

Just google Henry Ford. Standardising as many components across his model range was what made him great.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

NOPE, SORRY, WE AREN'T GOING TO DO YOUR HOMEWORK FOR YOU UNLESS YOU OFFER MONEY. PAYPAL ACCEPTED. . 

• Less parts inventory, fewer manufacturing changes and equipment. Also customers learn about the common and inexpensive repairs and develop life long  brand loyalty. " small block Chevrolet engines and long model runs are a perfect example"

As for problems: Sometimes performance and design efficiencies have to be compromised to make available parts work. The other problem is that if one does not continually change designs  the aftermarket parts manufacturers have a chance to make inexpensive repair replacement parts and cut into the parts  sales of the manufacturer.

• ...Show all comments
    • I will have you know my son and I are still driving 1974 and 1983 Chevy pickups that cost up very little to operate. .05 cents a mile for tires and repairs and now only  .11 cents a mile for fuel. No debt free and clear so. If young people spend $400 for a new phone every year they sol themselves. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.