Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

Can hair become curly after straightening it for a long time?

Ever since I was little I have had pretty straight hair, not pin-straight but it was definitely not curly. Any way I would try to make it wavy it just wouldn't stay for longer than an hour. Because I started loving the look of pin-straight hair, I began straightening it almost every day and I have been doing so for the past year and a half. Now because I haven't gone out of the house because of the coronavirus situation, I haven't straightened my hair for 3 weeks. Even before stopping I noticed a change with my hair, but having it always straightened, I didn't see how it would naturally look. Right now, after my hair completely air-dried after washing it and I haven't tied it at all, it is much wavier than it used to be. After some research, I think it looks somewhere in between 2A and 2B texture, but I haven't used any product on it or anything to define the "curls" or better said waves. Did this change happen because of continuous straightening or is it just a natural evolution?

It’s normal for hair to change over time. Hormonal changes, such as pregnancy can have a profound effect on hair. In my case I used to have curly hair before I had my daughter, now it’s more wavy than curly.