promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Anyone notice how the atheist trolls here tend to deify science?

To them, Science is an infallible god that is never wrong and capable of explaining anything given enough time. It is also impartial even though the humans doing the research or making the theories are completely partial.

They seem to believe the former rather than "knowledge from the careful study of the structure and behaviour of the physical world, especially by watching, measuring, and doing experiments, and the development of theories to describe the results of these activities." (Cambridge)

44 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Seems like, you don't know what atheist means. Learn English kid. I hope you don't mind that I call you kid. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

No.  That would be unscientific, just as your willingness to grovel before an entity who would create hell shows a lack of faith.

I have noticed religious people demonizing science however.

• 2 months ago

No, I hadn't noticed that.  BTW, I'm a Ph.D. scientist.

• 2 months ago

You will never know the truth as long as you remain a member if the wishful thinkers who believe the universe came to be because the god thingie wanted a nice place to roam.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

This place is certainly rife with trolls, either theist or atheist

• MARK
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

This question is typical theist nonsense, shows your general ignorance and is not supported by anything like evidence or an example.

You do not know what science is; that is very clear from your question. Science is nothing more than a process. It is an objective method of looking for the truth.

Science, unlike religion, does not come up with a conclusion and then attempt to interfere with the evidence to support that conclusion. Science follows wherever the evidentiary path leads.

• 2 months ago

"To them, Science is an infallible god that is never wrong ...", nope, not at all. we realize that science, unlike religion, is self correcting and that it is always rechecking previous results and adding new findings. An example of this is that creationists will often point out Piltdown Man, but will fail to include the complete story where while scientists were initially excited by the find, but rapidly started to question it and showed that it was a hoax.

• ...Show all comments
    • Madam Sin Bin
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Um, yes, science changes as new info arrives, farty troll. Anyone insisting science never changes has no idea what science is or...good farts in a vacuum, thou art tiresome. 

• 2 months ago

Normal people have not noticed that.  Just your perception.

• 2 months ago

No, I have not noticed that, Keith.  In fact, I have noticed the exact opposite: atheists admit science does not provide all of the answers, but it is the best method of arriving at the truth.

Lies like this do not support the truth.

The Lord God lives.

• ...Show all comments
    • 2 months agoReport

This question is quite a bit about the semantics, just as explanation. It was addressed at those who tried to elevate science into something more than it is, to insulate it from weaknesses rather than attack with its strengths.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's not 'science vs. religion'.

It's antitheists vs. theists.

Both sides using science like a weapon to pound the other.

Truth is that what a person chooses to believe BEFOREHAND will determine what science they adopt or dismiss.

• ...Show all comments
    • David
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

You have DONE nothing, confirmed nothing about the subject, and are simply a mouthpiece for atheist propaganda.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.