Replacing video card into computer from previous desktop (possible?)?

So my old desktop just crapped out (better specs than current) and my current has like an Intel Core 2 processor and an NVIDIA GTX 250 video card while my old desktop the one that Just burnt out has an i5 processor and gtx 960 video card so my question is can I swap out the video cards in this case? I’m not too sure how to find out my PSU and that information but given what I have said is it possible?

won't work for beans. the Core 2 cpu bottleneck your gtx 960 card like crazy. Better strategy is to discover what went wrong with the better box and replace components as needed

• Lou2 months agoReport

**** but bottlenecking isn’t something I could deal with and it would only effect my gaming correct? I had a friend tell me that it would indeed bottleneck but that playing WoW would not effect my experience in anyway. And is putting the i5 processor in this new tower not an option?

No your intel 2 core will stop some modern games from running because it does not have the correct instruction set the new Doom is a prime example of this.

• arseteroid2 months agoReport

New motherboard mate that will support your i5 and GTX also a chance to upgrade your RAM might be worth definately cheaper than a new PC also a new high end PSU