SJLately asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

What breed do you think my dog is?

Attached is a picture of my dog as a puppy, dated 1/1/11, along with a picture of her today. Please notice the color of her nose. She weighs approximately 33 lbs.

I thought I should add that her breeder claimed she was a full blooded Lab, but because she is so small I became curious. When I did some research online I read that Lab's are significantly bigger. After that I assumed she was a mix.

full lab. girl dogs are usually smaller and shes probably just not show quality, doesn't make her any lesser than, just means shes not standard

Looks to be a Yellow Labrador Retriever or mix. A little on the small side to fit the standards for a purebred Lab. Nice looking dog.

She may be the product of a ignorant BYBer. She is either poorly bred or she is a X breed. I think she is from a BYBer. Most people get scammed & screwed by most BYBers.

Looks like lab mix.. Obviously not a purebred, as labs are much bigger than 33 pounds.

The dog isnt a "breed" its a mutt. But no particular traits stand out to determine what else may be in the mix.

• Maxi

I would assume a Lab mix

That dog appears to be a Basset Hound puppy. 

Looks like an over weight lab to me.

This dog seems to be the breed of a good boy

Source(s): I specialize in identifying doggo good boys

Some sort of potato dog

You don't just stumble upon dogs of particular breeds.  You buy them from AKC breeders and they give you the PEDIGREE that proves the breed.

You bought a backyard breeder mutt. Looks like a mix of yellow Labrador Retriever and Beagle to me.  The nose means nothing.

edit: LOL!  So you bought this dog as a puppy on the "claim" they were a Lab?  WTF were you thinking?  Where'd you buy it?  CRAIGSLIST?  Most certainly a mutt of at LEAST two breeds. By the way - your dog is SERIOUSLY obese.  This is REALLY bad a for senior dog especially a lab mutt because it puts too much stress on their hips.  Stop feeding your dog crappy grocery store food made mostly of corn with no real meat.  This dog needs a quality, grain free food and just a small amount of it twice a day to get that weight off.

• Verulam 1

Any dog can have a 'pedigree' as long as the ancestors are known.   What somebody buying from a reputable breeder should be given is the Official Registration papers from the KC of the country of birth.