promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
SJLately asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

What breed do you think my dog is?

Attached is a picture of my dog as a puppy, dated 1/1/11, along with a picture of her today. Please notice the color of her nose. She weighs approximately 33 lbs.

Update:

I thought I should add that her breeder claimed she was a full blooded Lab, but because she is so small I became curious. When I did some research online I read that Lab's are significantly bigger. After that I assumed she was a mix.

Attachment image

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

full lab. girl dogs are usually smaller and shes probably just not show quality, doesn't make her any lesser than, just means shes not standard

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Looks to be a Yellow Labrador Retriever or mix. A little on the small side to fit the standards for a purebred Lab. Nice looking dog.

• 2 months ago

She may be the product of a ignorant BYBer. She is either poorly bred or she is a X breed. I think she is from a BYBer. Most people get scammed & screwed by most BYBers.

• 2 months ago

Looks like lab mix.. Obviously not a purebred, as labs are much bigger than 33 pounds.

The dog isnt a "breed" its a mutt. But no particular traits stand out to determine what else may be in the mix.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I would assume a Lab mix

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

That dog appears to be a Basset Hound puppy. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Looks like an over weight lab to me.

• 2 months ago

This dog seems to be the breed of a good boy

Source(s): I specialize in identifying doggo good boys
  • 2 months ago

Some sort of potato dog

• 2 months ago

You don't just stumble upon dogs of particular breeds.  You buy them from AKC breeders and they give you the PEDIGREE that proves the breed.

You bought a backyard breeder mutt. Looks like a mix of yellow Labrador Retriever and Beagle to me.  The nose means nothing.

edit: LOL!  So you bought this dog as a puppy on the "claim" they were a Lab?  WTF were you thinking?  Where'd you buy it?  CRAIGSLIST?  Most certainly a mutt of at LEAST two breeds. By the way - your dog is SERIOUSLY obese.  This is REALLY bad a for senior dog especially a lab mutt because it puts too much stress on their hips.  Stop feeding your dog crappy grocery store food made mostly of corn with no real meat.  This dog needs a quality, grain free food and just a small amount of it twice a day to get that weight off.

• Verulam 1
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Any dog can have a 'pedigree' as long as the ancestors are known.   What somebody buying from a reputable breeder should be given is the Official Registration papers from the KC of the country of birth.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.