Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Who else is getting dumped due to this coronavirus? ?

I just did. Told a woman I've been seeing for 2 years that due to the coronavirus, and the fact I have elderly relatives living with me, and I will not risk bringing something home that may infect them, she dumped me.

As you can imagine, I'm really hurting, especially since she was the only girl in my world. There was nobody else, just her. In fact, she was the only girl I noticed, if a beautiful woman would walk by, I might notice, but that's as far as it would go, because as far as I was concerned, she; the girl I was with, was the only one. 

And I lost her all due to this damned Caronavirus!

Right now I'm lost, under essentially self quarantine; not that I'm sick, just not going out unless absolutely necessary, so I minimize my exposure as much as possible. 

If not for this thing, I'd be going out with friends, getting closure, stuff like that.

Sohat can I do, seeing as things are the way they are right now?

Dont give up on her. If you love her keep trying to get her

If she can't wait around for you then you have no choice but to move on without her and it's all for the best.

if she can't respect that you want to do the right thing by your family and keep them safe then she's not worth having around. 2 years and she breaks up over something that's out of your control? It's not only selfish but childish. My boyfriend and I can't see each other for the same reasons, but we're not holding it against each other, it is what it is and you have to adjust to the circumstances. Yea it's hard but we have a schedule set up so we can video chat when we're free and we still text all the time. If she really cared for you she would be doing the same. It seems to me like she was looking for an out and this couldn't have come at a better time. 

You should actually realize how big of a bullet you just dodged; she did you a favor.

I'm not surprised, you can't love someone that's not there. Why didn't you just avoid your elderly relatives and continue seeing her?

• r

I was dumped before the virus, and its very lonely

• Tj

You found out just how selfish she is. She just did you a huge favor, by letting you know what she really is like.

You've had a lucky escape if this little madam has chucked you because you've put protecting your elderly relatives' lives above seeing her for a while. You have done the right thing. She, on the other hand, couldn't care less. It's all about her. I think this break-up is the very best thing that could happen to you. You have suddenly found out something about her (a nasty something) that you had no idea of before. You put her on a pedestal as the perfect woman and have rudely discovered that she is very far from that. She had feet of clay. Right now you just have to stay quarantined and ban her from your thoughts. If you got back together, it won't be the same because you now know she'd drop you like a hot potato if she doesn't get her own way. Sad - but educational.

Dont blame the virus if she truly cared about you she would have accepted the fact that you could not be together not because of your relatives but to stop the spread of this virus

I'm with you brother. My girlfriend broke up with me too. We'd been dating for a little over a year. I'm a college student so a bit younger than you I would say. But, we both are home and she's going out with friends and all that and I have nothing to do because I'm adhering to the rules. So, of course, when I ask to spend time through FaceTime with her she goes crazy. She then tells me I'm too demanding and breaks up with me. If I was on campus still, I would have been busy and none of this would have happened! 

This virus is doing a lot more than just killing people. I am sorry it is doing this to you and me both and glad to see I'm not alone. 

We have to stick together. 

As far as advice, wait for this thing to pass and try and win them back. 

• Anonymous2 months agoReport

Everything's shut so I doubt she was going out with friends. It's likely she just wanted to enjoy her little break at home and not be glued to facetime for hours all day entertaining you.