Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 2 months ago

Anyone else out there who is a drinker who quit smoking?

I am addicted to nicotine and I also drink a decent amount. Im thinking about trying to quit the nicotine. I’ve come to the harsh realization that this would also mean I would have to quit the booze for a while. How long would it take for me to be able to get back on my regular drinking habits?

Favorite Answer

[Holding my hand up] HERE! I had a bad go of quitting smoking, it took me several tries. I finally went to a hypnotist and got rid of the habit. I didn't want a cigarette when I had a drink, I wanted a drink when I was smoking. So I disassociated the two. The big mistake I made was substituting cinnamon candy for nicotine. I gained a lot of weight. Now that nicotine replacement products are available, you can probably avoid the weight gain. BTW, that was 30 some years ago. And I'm getting ready to pour my second Scotch.

The problem is that you don't tell us why giving up smoking would mean you had to give up drinking, so we can't really help.