Essential workers and coronavirus. ?

Can essential workers like employees at Home Depot stay at home without being penalized during the coronavirus pandemic? They’re scared to get sick but also to lose their job.  

You still have to go to work if they require you to go to work.

• Anna

If you're in one of the high risk groups (70+, or pregnant or have health issues) then the company I work for pays you 3 months leave, although you don't get the bonus we are all getting. I don't know if its the same for Home Depot but I doubt it. If you're not in one of the high risk groups then you need to go to work as you're an essential worker and are needed.

• Susie

Possibly with a Drs note if they have underlying medical issues that put them in the high risk group. But they wouldn’t qualify for unemployment benefits.  

• Dze

you cant run from it .. how are you going to get food, by going to a goddam store .. get your as to work or get fired .. its not free vacation time ..