promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Why is our whole modern life set up around an unwise way of life, when we have known for thousands of years smarter ways?

Update:

Like its somewhat a foolish thing to shoot for material goals money a big ego being important being better than others standing out from the crowd in a desirable way, being focused on looks and things like this

Update 2:

But yet everything is set up so we take the fools path, why ?

Update 3:

yEA ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY SUCCESS LOOKS BLAH BLAH BLAH AND NONE OF THAT STUFF MAKES US HAPPY GIVES US A GOOD LIFE AND WE KNEW THIS AGES AGO, A LIFE OF MEDITATION ALTRUISM ETC GIVES US THE BEST LIFE ITS A BIOLOGICAL/CHEMICAL FACT, BUT EVERYTHING IN OUR SOCIETY FROM BIRTH MAKES US WANT TO LIVE THE FOOLS LIFE

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Nous
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It is not so why are you so uneducated and lacking in intelligence you cannot cope with reality? I do hope you are very young and immature because any adult that thinks like you do is in urgent need of psychiatric help!

Ask your parents to help you before you turn into a loser adrift in a world you cannot cope in!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

And with what thousand-year-old better way did you post this question?

• 2 months ago

What smarter ways?  10,000 to 12,000 years ago, there was less violence in the Hunter Gatherer days, but, humans over populated the world.  So, since between the last 5,000 and 6,000 years ago, people could be rich one day and a slave the next because of all the war and violence.

• 2 months ago

We have two minds, which Jesus call masters or teachers. The Christ mind and what I call the egoic mind but before psychology was called the devil or prince of this world. 

The ego is fearful and attacks others because it sees a world of lack and thinks that's how it gets what it needs, materially or for "love." 

The opposite of fear is true love, but we have to change our minds from one to the other teacher to have it. That's where God comes in because we left God and made up a world of our own with our own "truth" that is actually lies.

• ...Show all comments
    • I have clarified Freud's ideas. The id to Freud is unconscious so it can't be looked at and changed. I'm not concerned with that if it exists. Freud gave credence to the ego. I know it has no value, but it's of the mind, not a separate identity as the devil seems to be. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.