promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Did you go to church today?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Sometimes I also use that phrase and I understand what you mean, but if you look at it closely, it shows a lack of understanding as to what "the church" is.

The church is not a place where you "go"; rather it is a people who you are.

In many places, the church (the people) are not assembling together in their buildings.

The church is not closed. Just the building is closed!

The church has left the building.

The church is not the building. The people (Christians) are the church.   The church is the people. Christians are to always remain "open"!

1 Corinthians 3:9 says, "... you (Christians) are God’s building."

Verse 16 of the same chapter says, " ...you are the temple of God".

1 Peter 2:5 says, "you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house".

1 Corinthians 12:27 says, "Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually."

Ephesians 1:22-23, Colossians 1:18 & 24 says "the body" is "the church" !

Since Christians "are the body of Christ" , and the body is the church, then it is the Christians that are the church; not a physical building made of bricks, wood or steel!

Not once in the scriptures was a building ever called "a church"!

The people, the followers of Christ, are the church; whether they meet in a building or are somewhere else!

A building may be closed, but the church will never close!

The building where I usually go to meet with the church is closed.  Today, I met with a smaller group (primarily family) in my home.  The preacher and a few others directed worship streaming over the internet.  We sang along with the song leader, we're led in prayers, partook of the Lord's Supper and listened to a sermon.

These are what we would have done if the whole congregation was at the building, but we just did it in smaller groups.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Yes, I did. Our Security System needed servicing, and someone needed to let the repairman into the building.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, we watched the service on TV.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I wouldn't waste my time there even if there wasn't a pandemic

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

No. I won't ever do that.

• 2 months ago

Yes, of course I did!  I belong to the one true church and am covered by the blood of the lamb.  Not a single one of our brethren have contracted the virus.

I long to remain in His presence as often as possible!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I did not. I don't have a religion.

But how about you? If so, how was it? Where?

• Just Say No to War
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

I am a bad Christian. As such, I don't attend any church. However, I do love God with all my heart. I am bad, because I dare to view my religion through my own lense. Because of that, your average southern Protestant says I am going to hell. 

• 2 months ago

Yesterday..............

• Just Say No to War
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Were you able to practice social distancing? Did you know priests and nuns in Italy have been dying because they are passionate about caring for people? Maybe we should show concern, too, by trying to keep our distance instead of spreading diseases to them. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.