Did you go to church today?

Favorite Answer

Sometimes I also use that phrase and I understand what you mean, but if you look at it closely, it shows a lack of understanding as to what "the church" is.

The church is not a place where you "go"; rather it is a people who you are.

In many places, the church (the people) are not assembling together in their buildings.

The church is not closed. Just the building is closed!

The church has left the building.

The church is not the building. The people (Christians) are the church.   The church is the people. Christians are to always remain "open"!

1 Corinthians 3:9 says, "... you (Christians) are God’s building."

Verse 16 of the same chapter says, " ...you are the temple of God".

1 Peter 2:5 says, "you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house".

1 Corinthians 12:27 says, "Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually."

Ephesians 1:22-23, Colossians 1:18 & 24 says "the body" is "the church" !

Since Christians "are the body of Christ" , and the body is the church, then it is the Christians that are the church; not a physical building made of bricks, wood or steel!

Not once in the scriptures was a building ever called "a church"!

The people, the followers of Christ, are the church; whether they meet in a building or are somewhere else!

A building may be closed, but the church will never close!

The building where I usually go to meet with the church is closed.  Today, I met with a smaller group (primarily family) in my home.  The preacher and a few others directed worship streaming over the internet.  We sang along with the song leader, we're led in prayers, partook of the Lord's Supper and listened to a sermon.

These are what we would have done if the whole congregation was at the building, but we just did it in smaller groups.

Yes, I did. Our Security System needed servicing, and someone needed to let the repairman into the building.

• Paul

No, we watched the service on TV.

I wouldn't waste my time there even if there wasn't a pandemic

No. I won't ever do that.

Yes, of course I did!  I belong to the one true church and am covered by the blood of the lamb.  Not a single one of our brethren have contracted the virus.

I long to remain in His presence as often as possible!

I did not. I don't have a religion.

But how about you? If so, how was it? Where?

• Just Say No to War

I am a bad Christian. As such, I don't attend any church. However, I do love God with all my heart. I am bad, because I dare to view my religion through my own lense. Because of that, your average southern Protestant says I am going to hell. 

Yesterday..............

• Just Say No to War

Were you able to practice social distancing? Did you know priests and nuns in Italy have been dying because they are passionate about caring for people? Maybe we should show concern, too, by trying to keep our distance instead of spreading diseases to them.