What does it mean when your friend stares at you when sitting with his girlfriend?

Why did my friend stare at me while he was sitting with his girlfriend?

Back in January I made a new friend at my job, and I could tell right away that he was into me so we started talking everyday. I started to develop feelings for him, he’s 19 and I’m 24. 

About 3-4 weeks later after meeting each other, he said he was seeing someone else after I had told him that I had feelings for him but my feelings went away so we continued being friends. Turns out he is dating someone from where we work. 

About 2 weeks ago, he asked me if I told anyone in my family that I was talking to someone (him) and I told him that I told my family he was my friend and that’s all. Right away when I said that, he started shaking and fidgeting and kept repeating the word "friend” for example: "Friend. That’s what I am your friend?" I felt bad because I think I hurt his feelings but got over it. 

He often tells me he and his girlfriend are complete opposites. 

Yesterday, at work he very surprisingly came up to me and said he wanted to take me out to dinner and wants to hang out with me more. 

My sister in law works with me and my friend was sitting at a different table with his girlfriend but she noticed that my friend kept staring at me while he was sitting with his girlfriend. At first I told my sister in law that maybe he was staring at her but she said when I was getting up or walking around that he kept staring at me. 

I was just wondering, is he still into me or just being weird?

Favorite Answer

He's definitely into you or he wouldn't be staring so much. And his girl must be oblivious if she doesn't notice it.