Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

I didn't get accepted to any university in California, what should I do?

I applied as a freshman applicant for multiple universities and received rejection notices from every single school. I have a 3.89 unweighted and have taken a total of 7 AP/Honors. My SAT is a 1270. I've been denied from the following: UC Berkeley, UCLA, UC Davis, UC Santa Barbara, CalPoly SLO, CalPoly Pomona, San Diego State U. Waitlisted at: UC Santa Cruz. When I went to the counselor's office, I could not help but cry. 

• cool

It's all going to be ok! Going to university is not an easy shortcut, not by any means. There are plenty of graduates in low paid work.

Read this article by Thomas B Walsh:http://www.iscollegereallytherightchoice.com/new-c...

Mr. Walsh was an engineer at IBM and has now retired. He explains the high level of risk involved in college, and the opportunities that exist for well paid work that doesn't require a degree.

Do you have some character flaw that may be getting you rejected?

Dang dude. I got a 1370 and I still think I'm dumb. Be smart. Either go to community college or go to trade school on an apprenticeship. That's what I'd do if I could go back. You don't have to obviously, but why not? What are you going to do instead? Chill at home and play video games? Sounds fun... But, it's not fun after a while.

You'll be surprised at how much you'd make after trade school. Like "wowzers!" At least, to me... Lol

You can do what thousands of other California students do -- you spend two years at a community college, earn 60 credit hours and then transfer to one of the UC or top CSU schools. It's an inexpensive way to earn a degree from a major high-regarded university and you will still have that BA/BS degree from UCLA, UC Berkeley or one of the other UC schools. It's simply MUCH harder to get into the UC schools than it used to be. Here's a list of the schools in the US with the highest number of applicants in 2018: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/28/the-10-universitie... Do you see a pattern there?

Go to a community college and then transfer. Or you can keep trying. Some things may not work out the way you want it to be, but there's always something. 

• John

Your GPA and SAT score are good, but are average to below average for the schools to which you applied.  I would recommend you apply to somewhat less competitive 4 year schools.  Academically, you should be able to get into most colleges in the nation.

• Juan

When happened the studies in Berkeley were absolutely the same I ever knew according to my own media studies happened even september the 11th for being totally the same I ever knew that infirmation when happened the clinic I knew a band called Tge Fall The Infotainment Scan(this is new but happened to be release by embem)that is all about studies from the brain and there was a song called Lost In Music which ment my trip back to Berlin when they stole all my baggage I had nothing to face the trip

apply to other ones or start off with a community college and then transfer

• Scott

Apply to a community college.  It’s easier to get accepted.

• Jim

Apply to other schools. Those scores are not that great.