promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Do Christians have the capacity to understand the entire foundation of their beliefs is grounded on baseless assertions?

They say things like "I can validate my moral views because God exists" and "I know the world is real because God is real"

You can claim that all you want, but your core foundation "God is real" is still an unsubstantiated foundation..

Do you even have the capacity to understand that?

Update:

"its evident that something with as complex information as life itself, as only one example,, 'needs' a designer"

Look at this, folks. They back one baseless assertion with another baseless assertion.

Update 2:

"You are making the unfounded claim that I don't know that God is real."

At no point have I made any claim on what you know or don't know. Only on what is substantiated or not.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Yes, we do. And we would understand it if it were true. I have seen miraculous healings in response to prayer. Deal with it. You don't have to like it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Nous
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The only way primitive religion exists today is through the child abuse of forcing it into very, very young children but thanks to better education and growing intellects so many teens are able to discover the truth, throw off the indoctrination and step into the real world!

So atheism is not a conscious decision or a belief but a realisation!

The first person to produce a single tiny little piece of verifiable evidence for any god will become world famous and mega rich!

Academia states that in the absence of any sort of evidence of the existence of something it must be deemed not to exist until verifiable evidence is found - thus god is held not to exist pending some sort of verifiable evidence.

The bible is what is called "Faction” A fictional story set in a factual time and place. Thus the time, place and real historical characters are all correct but the fictional characters and stories are not!

There is not one single mention of Jesus in the entire Roman record - that is right - not one! At the same time as he was supposed to have been around there were a number of Jews claiming to be the messiah - all of whom are well recorded!

There is not a single contemporary record from any source and even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!

He was supposed to have been a huge problem to the Romans and produced wonderful miracles but still not one contemporary record?

Even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!

Pilate is recorded in the Roman record as a somewhat lack luster man but no mention of a Jesus, a trial or crucifixion that would surely have been used to make him look brighter!

At best he was an amalgam of those others but almost certainly never existed!

Not one word of it is contemporary with the period and was not written until several hundred years after the period the story is set in!! How did the apostles write their books more than a hundred years after they would have been dead?

Christianity is an invention of the Italians and that is why it came from the Holy ROMAN Catholic church!

Please realize that those claims for the Old historians are worthless since they were not even born until long after everyone in the stories would have been so long dead!

Josephus AD 37 – AD 100

Tacitus AD 56 – AD 120

Suetonius - 69 – 130 AD

Pliny the Younger, 61 AD – 112 AD

Justin Martyr (Saint Justin) AD103–165 AD

Lucian - AD 120 -180 AD but he was hostile to Christianity and openly mocked it.

Pamphilius AD 240-309 AD

Eusebius AD 263 – 339 AD

Photius AD 877 – 886 AD

Thallus - But there are no actual record of him except a fragment of writing which mentions the sack of Troy [109 BC] Showing that he was clearly not alive in biblical times.

Some even try to use Seneca. 4 BCE – 65 CE but as a Stoic Philosopher he opposed religion yet made not a single mention of a Jesus or Christianity!

Even funnier is trying to claim Celsus AD ? – 177 AD Who said that Jesus was a Jew who’se mother was a poor Jewish girl whose husband, who was a carpenter, drove her away because of her adultery with a Roman soldier named Panthera. She gave birth to an illegitimate child named Jesus. In Egypt, Jesus became learned in sorcery and upon his return presented himself as a god.

Research shows whilst education reduces religious belief each year of further education reduces religious belief by up to 10%!

• ...Show all comments
    • River Euphrates
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

You forgot centuries of being spread at the tip of a sword - starting with the Roman Empire, and then all throughout history by the Crusades, various inquisitions, and by 'kings' who ruled by 'divine right'.

• Doug
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

6500 years of Judaic-Christian Tradition, confirmed by history, is not baseless assertion.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
  • Ralph
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The fact of the matter: God The Lord Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior does not have to prove noting to the unbelievers of this world, because you can choose not to believe in God The Lord Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior but, the end result is still the same, Satan and sin we worship if we do not obey God holy word the bible, and that is are master, and Satan will be destroyed in the end when God The Lord comes back to judge the living and the dead and too destroy the heaven and the earth by fire, the second death, where the heaven and the earth shall be burned up, by the hell fires.

Source(s): King James holy bible
    • ...Show all comments
    • Ralph
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

The fact of the matter: I am blessed to help you in your trials and tribulations.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I believe in a first century Jewish man. We could sit down and I could tell you all the reasons I believe in him; then we could move on to things like talking donkeys and snakes. Because if you don’t get the first thing, you won’t get anything else about what I believe.

• 2 months ago

Suit yourself of course. But the apostle Paul addressed the matter in Romans 1 and Acts 17, and 20 centuries ago. For one having faith (Heb. 11:1, 6) no further explanation is necessary. For one lacking faith (1 Cor. 1:19) no explanation is possible. Faith offers hope, Rom. 8:24. The other side offers nothing.

• ...Show all comments
    • River Euphrates
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Faith is not a reliable pathway to truth.

'The other side' includes a number of other 'faiths' that disagree with your beliefs.

• Marco
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

You are making the unfounded claim that I don't know that God is real. You have no idea what I know or don't know, so you can't claim that I don't know if God is real or not. Your unfounded assumption is that because you don't believe God is real, nobody knows if he exists or not. This assumption would be false. 

• Marco
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

Faith has nothing to do with God existing or not existing. Faith is trusting that he is who he says he is. In order to have faith, you have to already know God exists. If your mother says "I have faith you will do well at...." Is she declaring that she believes you exist? 

• Dze
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

no its not .. its evident that something with as complex information as life itself, as only one example,, 'needs' a designer .. your assertion that information forms itself out of necessity and trial and error is absurd even among a roomful of absurd things .. explain to me 'exactly' what type of goofy 'science' THAT is why dont ya .. and to add insult to your 'absurd' injury, the plainly observable irreducible complexity that exists throughout our world outright debunks the already absurd idea that things progress on their own and design themselves lol .. your world view is a bad joke that is, you guessed it, 'designed' for a monkey ... and you dare to call it 'scientific' lol .. thats why God had it written down right in the bible you dont have an excuse .. you dont .. your obsession with getting rid of God is the ONLY logical reason for your absurdity...

• ...Show all comments
    • River Euphrates
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Inferring the existence of an infinitely more complex 'creator' to explain the existence and complexity of the universe is redundant.

At best.

• Why do ATHEISTS not acknowledge evidence of God, such as the written word or the SHROUD? Pride and willful ignorance have blinded you foolish lot.

• ...Show all comments
    • Word
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

Biology books are claims, they are not the evidence. The evidence that backs the claims in biology books, however, is observable.

Likewise, the "written word" is not the evidence, it is the *claim*. And the extraordinary claims in that book is not observed in reality.

• 2 months ago

Absolutely. I believe in God yet I acknowledge that the existence of a higher power is not scientifically or factually proven.. but religion and spirituality is not about facts, it's about faith.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.