Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

boyfriend’s mother won’t allow him to see me because I am a nurse during this Coronavirus?

My boyfriend and I are 24 years old and live fairly close. I am a nurse and still working through this virus pandemic. He still lives with his mother and she dosent want him to see me because I work in a hospital. He cannot leave the house and no one can come in under her rules. He also asked if he can just stay at my house but she said no. I’ve  worked the ENTIRE time through this whole virus pandemic and I am not sick nor do I currently have any active symptoms. I go from work to home ONLY. I’m trying the best I can. 

Yesterday she left the house to go pick up his brother (he is 22) who lives with their grandmother who she knows is actually sick! She brought him to their house and back to hangout. And tomorrow is his mother’s birthday and she told us she is leaving tomorrow to “drive around for hours without getting out the car” to celebrate? But he still cannot leave

I understand taking precautions and staying inside is safe but is there something off about this or am I just not being understanding enough?

You are a nurse and you are seriously asking this question? Unbelievable

• Sally

She is probably a government licensed nur

It is reasonable. Use FaceTime and talk to him daily. It is better to wait until May to see eachother

u have a man boy,tell him to grow a pair...u be careful cause nurses is dying all over the place,they have it dont even know it themselves till they cant breath

• Edna

Anon:  Nurses are NOT dying "all over the place"!  Stop spreading lies.  Nurses are very well protected if they have to treat a corona virus patient.  My sister is a nurse in a hospital & she hasn't heard of ANY nurses who work in hospitals dying of corona virus. 

Get tested for it and throw the proof in her face. Not literally throw it but show her you're not positive for it. Also he needs to work on his relationship with his mom. The man is over 17 years old there's no reason why his mom needs to still be running his life.

• Alice2 months agoReport

🙌

Sorry, but as someone over 21 he is an adult and does not need mommy's permission to see you. 

I am mixed on this. She is right to practice isolation at this time, but he is 24 years old, for f*ck's sake! He shouldn't need her permission to come stay with you through the duration of this, as long as he doesn't go over to her place until this dies down.

• Edna

Just so you'll know:  My sister is a professional nurse who works 12-hour shifts in a large hospital. If she read your comment about nurses being a "big risk to others", she would probably laugh herself silly over how little you know about nurses & the work they do every day.

• L

GO MOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Once this stuff is over with - then you two can be together again.

• Jane

I completely get that you are working very hard to manage this pandemic as a nurse, and that others may not appreciate or value what you have to do right now. You can't control what your bf's mother is doing.It's very hard to have to maintain distance from your bf but sadly you must if you value the lives of your patients. Hard choice to make, and I honour you for your undervalued work- but do understand that right now you have to take the bigger view. Your bf's mother has not understood the situation. Maintain contact with your bf safely, we will get past this. Thank you for your work saving lives :)

So did you say you want him to risk dying because you want to see him? Life or death... hmmm.  So lets say you do get sick. then you get him sick, you get well, he dies.  Who will you date then?

• Edna

Alice:  She does understand it - she's a nurse! Because she's a nurse, she also understands that she's not likely to contract coronavirus or to infect anyone else with it. 

I think your problem should be with your boyfriend, not his mother. My ex-boyfriend—obviously boyfriend at the time— was pretty much under the control of his dad. His dad started dictating when we could see each other, and as much as I wanted to blame his dad. 

My ex was 19, and he should’ve handled the situation. Later on, I broke up with him because I didn’t like his parents interfering with our relationship, and I started to see him as an immature kid. 

You need to tell your boyfriend to do something about it, and put the pressure on him; otherwise, you’ll be stuck with a kid.