promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous

Why is there alot of black people in the southern United States?

Update:

im from Canada Im just curious

Update 2:

im annonymous for my own safety

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Because most of the slaves were brought to the South. And Black people have contributed a lot to Southern culture

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Wėll,

Ťhåť is wher them Moon Cricket's wer 

raisd @ & so many will live dwn there 

their while entir life w/o question my 

Hômė bruh!

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

• 2 months ago

Most people in the south before the civil war were anti slavery, but, most people in the south before the civil war were poor.  Lincoln ran on an anti-slavery platform.  There were 4 people running that year for president. Even if the other 3 candidate's votes and electoral votes had been consolidated, Lincoln would have won. For a while after the civil war, the people helped those who had been slaves. Some states even helped some to receive college education. Some were winning political offices. Then, there was a severe world wide depression and people became fearful.  The democratic party took advantage of this and started running on the platform that 'blacks' weren't ready for complete independence.  Keep in mind that majority of people in the US were not literate and had never had the opportunity to go to school.

Now, move forward to the 60's and integration.  I was in a small town and we did not experience some of the horrors of large cities.  So, after high school some of my black friends decided to move up north.  They soon came back.  They said there was more predjudice up north than where we were.  It was just different.  So, a lot of blacks stayed in the south.

• 2 months ago

Why shouldn't there be a lot of black people in the South ?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I to have often wondered that...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.