F D T asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Will people ever stop Substituting handwashing for sanitizer will people ever go back to acting like normal instead of acting scared?

• Daniel

Probably not until the Corona Virus Subsides and goes away

• bnk01

People will probably continue a heightened level of hand washing and viral awareness, although "acting scared" will diminish. We still have societal effects from the 1918 pandemic, and we still have a few nursery rhymes and other holdovers from the black death hundreds of years ago, so there will be after effects from this one that will probably show up in odd ways for generations. it might be that the "20 seconds" to wash your hands will just be so standard that in a hundred years, people will wonder why everyone does it for exactly 20 seconds, usually while humming the hand washing tune. "I dunno", says their Mom, "that's just how it's done."

• Cogito

What does this have to do with Theatre & Acting?

• ajtheactress

I think it ended up here because of the word "acting".  It now classified under Yahoo Answers but hasn't moved from T&A.   Hope you are well, cogito.

The WHO and the CDC are saying proper handwashing is more effective than hand sanitizer, if you could even find any, so I imagine lots of people will continue handwashing until all danger seems past.

Probably not. It's people. They like to rebel. What did you expect?

I do not have sanitiser because I have not been able to find any for months. I have always made it a habit to wash my hands as soon as I come into the house. 

Many people are scared and most people are cautious. It is always good practice to wash hands frequently. 

Hand washing should be nothing new, it is part of basic hygiene for everyone, and should continue. The present emergency will pass, but we will still need sanitizers in hospitals, as before: they are an established part of infection control.

• Z2 months agoReport

Yeah, but that doesn't mean everyone does it
      just because
      it's an "established part of infection control"