promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 2 months ago

What have teachers been doing with themselves during quarantine?

I have quite a few friends who are teachers (ranging from early twenties with no family to middle age with a family) and they’ve all been fairly inactive on social media in general, in terms of actually replying to messages & their interactions with posts. Now don’t get me wrong, I do know there is a lot of work & planning that teachers have to do because of this, especially ones with family members who have to teach their little ones as well. But the ones who live by themselves with no family, surely they’re doing more than just planning & work, especially on weekends. It seems as if they’re more busy than when they could leave the house. Maybe a teacher on here could enlighten me?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Squid
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

For teachers transitioning from classroom to online teaching, there are huge hurdles and it takes a ton of work.  You basically have to do all the prep work over again.  For a one hour class tomorrow, each teacher is doing several hours prep today.  For each class they teach.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • drip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Just because they are single doesn’t mean they don’t have family.  They could using this time to be with them or be more in contact with them. 

It doesn’t mean they don’t have hobbies they are engulfing now. Or cleaning out their home. Or reading. Sleeping in. Doesn’t mean they don’t have friends they are connecting with. 

Not everyone is a slave to social media. 

Lv 7
    2 months ago

A number of states are requiring teachers to convert their instruction to an online modality.  Unless they have already taught online, this process will be very time-consuming.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Trying to ignore thinking about their students.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.