promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

Would it be safe to drive my truck for one more day with an oil leak? ?

It's not a huge oil leak, but it leaves like a dollar sized spot on the ground after sitting overnight. I was gonna take it to the mechanic, but they are closed, wich means I'll have to wait until tomorrow 

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Dollar "coin" or Dollar "paper"?  That makes a difference.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

It certainly is not an immense petroleum leak, nevertheless, it really makes for an amount of money sort of see on your platform subsequent to ski instantaneous. I just was basically visiting carry it in the technician, only to find they are actually enclosed, wich methods Let me will need to hang around until such time as later today

• Jensen
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Be sure the reservoir is filled to the normal level before you drive, then you should be fine.

• 2 months ago

Heck I drove old cars and trucks for years with oil leaks. I just checked the oil dipstick about once a month and topped her off if needed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • g
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Simply check the oil level each and every time before you drive.  It will be fine.  

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A small drop of oil on the ground is nothing to be worried about. Check the oil level before you start the engine. If it's low, add more oil before driving.

• 2 months ago

Check the oil level on the dipstick before and after you drive it. Keep the oil level topped up to the top dipstick mark.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not a problem. Check your oil level but imagine the size of the spot you would have if you poured a quart of oil on the driveway?  that's easily how much oil you can lose and not risk damage to the engine.                      

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not a bad leak.  Check the oil level and service if required before driving.

• BOBBER
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Just check your oil and if needed add a quart

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.