Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

Would it be safe to drive my truck for one more day with an oil leak? ?

It's not a huge oil leak, but it leaves like a dollar sized spot on the ground after sitting overnight. I was gonna take it to the mechanic, but they are closed, wich means I'll have to wait until tomorrow 

Dollar "coin" or Dollar "paper"?  That makes a difference.

It certainly is not an immense petroleum leak, nevertheless, it really makes for an amount of money sort of see on your platform subsequent to ski instantaneous. I just was basically visiting carry it in the technician, only to find they are actually enclosed, wich methods Let me will need to hang around until such time as later today

• Jensen

Be sure the reservoir is filled to the normal level before you drive, then you should be fine.

Heck I drove old cars and trucks for years with oil leaks. I just checked the oil dipstick about once a month and topped her off if needed.

• g

Simply check the oil level each and every time before you drive.  It will be fine.  

• JetDoc

A small drop of oil on the ground is nothing to be worried about. Check the oil level before you start the engine. If it's low, add more oil before driving.

Check the oil level on the dipstick before and after you drive it. Keep the oil level topped up to the top dipstick mark.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

Not a problem. Check your oil level but imagine the size of the spot you would have if you poured a quart of oil on the driveway?  that's easily how much oil you can lose and not risk damage to the engine.                      

Not a bad leak.  Check the oil level and service if required before driving.

• BOBBER

Just check your oil and if needed add a quart