Is the prediction of a global economic meltdown,days of food riots,total economic depression worse than 2009 correct or an exaggeration?

• Mrs H

It's an exaggeration unless people allow it to happen. People need to stop panicking and use good sense and hygiene. Around here they don't want people out after 8PM,. So they prefer everyone out at once? The supermarkets were open their normal time and it was easier to stay from crowds. Now they're closing early and creating them. 

• Oiy

An exaggeration. They want more resources. These people use such a projection for their own benefits. You know who I mean. he is in NY.

I don't think it will be worldwide meltdown........

but I do believe things are about to get DIRE. 

• Bort

That is one of the things this quarantine is on the path of causing. It's not an exaggeration. Stores are running out of food because the truck drivers and delivery people who deliver it to the stores are staying home, not going to work, so it's not being delivered. Processed foods are not being produced because of the same thing.

This quarantine stuff is causing more of a negative impact on the world than the virus it self is. There are 8 billion people in the world. The coronavirus has only infected 0.0075% of the population and only claimed 0.00032% lives of the worlds population. The economy collapsing and food and supply shortages effects everyone.

More people get struck by lightinng and win the lotto. Multiple times.

Aside from that very true fact people who have experienced it have all said "there is no reason for panic. It's a cold. I barely even knew I was sick."

There's no reason to bring the world to a screeching hault and causing all of the things shutting the world down is going to cause over this virus.