Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Tips to survive lockdown?

I am used to living alone with my pets which suits me fine but quarantined with an elderly Auntie who does not stop talking. I find it hard to follow her. She also has a glass half empty view of the world and gets angry if I try to flip things round to make them positive. How do I stay calm and nice and resist getting irritated? 

Thank you, Yoda. That is great advice. 

• Yoda
    Favorite Answer

You focus on your projects and work hard.

Make sure you be careful when shopping, soap down packaging, was food etc so that you and auntie don't get infected from the food you've brought.

Take a walk if you can, if not, do indoor exercise in your room.

Listen actively to your aunt's fears without counter argument, that way, she knows that you care. No need to solve her attitude. Listening properly without criticism will help her deal with her fears.

We all are having a hard time with this.  Tolerating others close enough to us to be around us almost all day enclosed like this is not an easy thing in any way.  But the alternative is too scary for me to risk leaving, I tolerate as much as I can.  I hope it will be enough.  One thing I know.  That other person enclosed in here with me is having a hard time with it too.  Imagine, two people having a hard time?  Not an easy thing to do at all.