Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

When will atheists realise the atheist hype died in 2013 and it’s no longer cool to be one?

These days it’s cool to believe in God again, so get with the times or become uncool.

Got proof your god exists yet?

Thought not.

Now you have your dates mixed and also you are confusing atheism with the crap that you think is real and true.  It is your unsupported by evidence belief that has it biggest loss that year and has been falling yearly. It really is stupid to believe in something about which you have no evidence that it exists. You may not know, but you believe because you are atraid not to believe.

Atheism is a lack of belief in ALL Gods and Goddesses, not just a lack of belief in YOUR personal favourite Undetectable Thing.  So, if I believe in the God known known as "PHUQUIORAS", I am no longer an atheist.

Is Phuquioras good enough for YOU?

Oh no, I care if someone thinks I am cool. Wait a second, no I don't. GTFO.

• So basically you admit that you are only a theist because of peer pressure.

• antonius

They might claim that, but actually they believe because they are afraid not to believe.

When will fundies realize that they are idiots.

Yeah, there was a big growth in Atheism over the last few years, and sure... it's leveled off a bit. But Atheism has been around for as long as any religion has, as long as there have been people who believed in a god there has ALWAYS been some who don't. Atheism isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

BTW, it's not about "being cool", at least not for those of us who take such matters seriously.

Your question... the way you asked it, just makes me think you only believe in a god because you think others will think you are "cool" for doing so.

And that's kinda lame, actually.

The word "cool" kinda dates you...

And atheism seems so be frightening..

Well, atheism is for mature adults...   Atheist: Noun, A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others. ——Chaz Bufe, The American Heretic’’s Dictionary

depends which god you referring to, their have been thousands and thousands over the years, and Christianity today worships several different versions, you got Trinity's, Binity's, some believe that God and Christ are the same being, some believe that they are separate beings, most Christians worship Ishtar at Easter, most Christians worship Mithra at Christmas... you're going to have to tell me what god is the real one out of history, and if you can prove that any of the Christian gods are real, you're gonna  have to tell me which one it is.

• patty

i remember one year at the Grammy awards. Almost everyone who won an award thanked God etc. Really over the top. That was the last time God was in.