promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

I'm afraid that my future girlfriend will try to force me to have kids with her. How can I prevent this?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Better have a conversation well before you’re involved in a serious relationship. Many couldn’t care less if they choose not to have a family, where to others, it’s a deal breaker.

• Joshua2 months agoReport

Some want free benefits and free money from you if you leave. Wear condoms. Change them every 10 mins. Don't use unless you know they're not tampered with. Do not listen to "I'm on birth control". If you feel ready for kids and she's a good match for you and you have a steady job best of luck to you

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

I'm sure you'll find someone who likewise doesn't want kids.  I am one of them. In fact, it blows my mind why anyone would want to bring children into this world the way it is nowadays.  And now you have the covid-19 virus running out-of-control and killing lots of people and destroying the economy.  Do you really think your children will have quality of life?  If you do, then you're delusional.

• R L
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

I love your thought process Kaitlyn...you sound like a well educated woman--I like that...I am Rob...hopefully I will have the honor of chatting with you sometime...be safe

• Helen
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

1. If you don't want kids, always be upfront very early on, with any girl you're dating. It's an important conversation that needs to be had in the early stages before you invest too much time and emotion on someone who isn't compatible with you.

2. If it turns out you have the conversation with a girl and you both want different things, don't continue to date in the hopes that one of you may change your mind in the future. There is never a guarantee of that, and one of you will end up with a lifestyle you never wanted and will be resentful. 

3. It might seem obvious, but don't date or sleep with a woman you don't know well, or don't trust 110%. Not all women are trustworthy, and unfortunately, men do not have the luxury of their own birth control.

4. Join a dating site where you can specify your deal breakers and filter out the unsuitables. Although the majority of women do want children, there are many more opting not to. This was how me and my partner met, as neither of us want kids.

5. Always use protection.

Of course you can do all the above and still be unlucky - nothing can eliminate the possibility completely...aside from celibacy that is!

• ...Show all comments
    • Fireplace
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Of course men have their own birth control. It's called a condom. All forms of birth control fail at times, but it IS an option. There is also abstinence. 

• Piero
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Use condoms ALWAYS.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Be upfront with the fact that you don't want children. If she doesn't then

its

up to you if the relationship is worth carrying on, if she does want children then you both know early on that you aren't right for each other. 

• 2 months ago

get a vasetomy and dont tell her

• 2 months ago

Cut 'em off.  It's the only way to be sure.

• 2 months ago

How can you prevent what? Prevent her from doing that, or prevent yourself from being needlessly afraid of it?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

She can’t force you to have kids with her just tell her you don’t want kids.

• David
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Tell your girlfriend that you don't want kids. And then there is a 90% chance that you won't have a girlfriend.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.