promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What does "Pending Resolution" mean after filing for unemployment?

I filed for unemployment on 3/16/2020. My employer closed shop and left the country, supposedly because of COVID, but what was told was that the investors stopped proceedings. There is no possible way to get a letter showing I was laid off and you cannot call them. Specifically, the message I see on the unemployment portal is ISSUES DELAYING PAYMENT- Lay Off/Lack of Work: Pending Resolution. Is this just a placeholder while everyone is filing unemployment or is there really an issue?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It means that the state is trying to contact the company and you have to wait for them to realize that they can't.

• ...Show all comments
    • STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

FALSE. It means a decision has not been reached. It DOES NOT mean the state is trying to contact ANYONE for ANY reason.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

It means they finally got to your claim. It has to wait for the waiting period time to go through

• 2 months ago

Payment Pending on my Unemployment Claim what is this about 

• 2 months ago

I am getting the same message.  Can someone please tell me what this means and if I need to do anything to fix it.

• Ashley2 months agoReport

I found out while waiting that it means it’s waiting to hear from your employer and give the 10 day waiting period. They couldn’t get a hold of my husbands employer, so on the 10th day a decision was made and the 14th day was payment day 😁

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Your 'Favorite Answer' is DEAD WRONG. The state isn't even PRETENDING to try to contact companies about unemployment claims at this time.

Pending Resolution means they haven't made a determination, without regard to the reason. Today, the most likely reason is your filing hasn't reached the top of the pile.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.