What does "Pending Resolution" mean after filing for unemployment?

I filed for unemployment on 3/16/2020. My employer closed shop and left the country, supposedly because of COVID, but what was told was that the investors stopped proceedings. There is no possible way to get a letter showing I was laid off and you cannot call them. Specifically, the message I see on the unemployment portal is ISSUES DELAYING PAYMENT- Lay Off/Lack of Work: Pending Resolution. Is this just a placeholder while everyone is filing unemployment or is there really an issue?

Favorite Answer

It means that the state is trying to contact the company and you have to wait for them to realize that they can't.

• STEVEN F

FALSE. It means a decision has not been reached. It DOES NOT mean the state is trying to contact ANYONE for ANY reason.

It means they finally got to your claim. It has to wait for the waiting period time to go through

Payment Pending on my Unemployment Claim what is this about 

I am getting the same message.  Can someone please tell me what this means and if I need to do anything to fix it.

• Ashley2 months agoReport

I found out while waiting that it means it’s waiting to hear from your employer and give the 10 day waiting period. They couldn’t get a hold of my husbands employer, so on the 10th day a decision was made and the 14th day was payment day 😁

Your 'Favorite Answer' is DEAD WRONG. The state isn't even PRETENDING to try to contact companies about unemployment claims at this time.

Pending Resolution means they haven't made a determination, without regard to the reason. Today, the most likely reason is your filing hasn't reached the top of the pile.