promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

Intercourse.?

So my girl, her period ended like 3 days ago. We ended up messing around on her last day, and also then again yesterday roughly 3 times. Each time we both came. We been together for a few years and we’ve just started to mess around without protection just a month ago. Now, I remember in junior high that pre*** can get women pregnant but the chances are low, but the last few times have went all the way lol. I guess my anxiety and thoughts of not wanting kids was there before, but now is different. So I guess for my question is, what’s your thoughts on the pre*** or full ejaculation pregnancy chances especially just after her period ended. I think her monthly cycle starts tomorrow. So leading up to those days the chances are pretty high? 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Robert
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Hello,

- - - - Start of extract; - - - -

"[...] although it's not very likely. If you have sex without using contraception, you can conceive (get pregnant) at any time during your menstrual cycle, even during or just after your period.

You can also get pregnant if you have never had a period before, during your first period, or after the first time you have sex.

There's no "safe" time of the month when you can have sex without contraception and not risk becoming pregnant. [...]"

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/pregnan...

- - - - End of extract - - - -

By the way, it is not: "messing around". 

When a couple have sexual intercourse without protection, they are doing all that they can do to achieve having a baby.

You asked about the pre-ejaculate liquid - it DOES contain sperm: 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC35646...

I wish you both every happiness together.

Robert.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Marc
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Tell me, do you want to be a dad, because this is how it happens. Would you play Russian roulette? If no, then wrap it!

• Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A woman's monthly cycle begins on the first day of her period every month and ends on the first day of her next period. Her  cycle might be 28 days in length; for a different woman, if might be 30 days in length; The number of days in her cycle can vary from one woman to the next.

A woman isn't usually likely to get pregnant during the week before her period begins or during the week after her period ends. Before her period begins, she ovulated several days in the past, and she has no mature egg in her body that can be fertilized; nor does she have a mature egg in her body while she's menstruating. After her period ends, her next ovulation is still about 2 weeks in the future. 

Precum by itself isn't likely to get a woman pregnant. It's nothing more that male lubrication fluid that a male always secretes from the tip of his penis when he's sexually aroused. 97% of the time, it doesn't contain sperm cells.  

Full ejaculation always contains sperm cells. If you ejaculate inside her vagina and she's ovulating at the time, that's what can get her pregnant. ALWAYS use some form of birth control whenever you have sex. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Robert
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

She also wrote: "Precum ... doesn't contain sperm cells": Wrong ! Pre-ejaculate liquid DOES contain sperm:
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3564677/
      P

• 2 months ago

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • D_21
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

She can't get pregnant unless there's an egg present, which happens at ovulation. That's when the egg is released. Ovulation happens about half way through the cycle.

Um, the better explain the cycle...because everyone is unique its hard to say where a lady is hormonally. The most obvious indicator that tells us what's up is the bleeding days, right? Okay, so because of that we count the first day of her period as Day 1 of the cycle.

Cycle length varies, but generally speaking it's roughly a month long. For the purposes of explaining sh*t more easily science/medicine typically uses a 28 day teaching model. Starting on Day 1 you count forward until the first day of the next cycle.

Ovulation occurs about half way through the cycle. In a 28 day cycle it would be on or around Day 14.

Depending a little bit on how long your girl's cycle is, her ovulation should be roughly two weeks after the first day of bleeding. Since her period just ended she probably hasn't ovulated yet.

A healthy egg cell is only good for 1 - 3 days before it expires. Very small window for fertilization. Evolution helps us out though. Sperm that live longer in the female reproductive tract have a better chance, right? And result in more offspring...which perpetuates that trait.

Healthy sperm can survive anywhere from 1 - 7 days in the female body.

If a couple is trying to conceive it is recommended that you sex it up one time every other day, or every two days, during the week surrounding ovulation. This creates the best chance of fertilization by giving the male body an opportunity to replenish a decent sperm count with quality sperm.

If you're interesting in learning more about sperm consider watching The Great Sperm Race on youtube. (6 ten minute segments)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAnMymnJiLM

Youtube thumbnail

&list=PLCDECC6C14006053D

Once the egg is fertilized it may take a few days before it implants in the uterus. Then there's usually a couple weeks before pregnancy hormones reach detectable levels. Bit of a wait before you can confirm success by home pregnancy test.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If she’s on birth control and uses it properly, you should be fine. My ex and I didn’t use a condom and instead used the pull out method and birth control. I would definitely recommend she get an app that tells her her cycle information. Usually ovulation is the highest chance to get pregnant (usually day 17 or 18 of the cycle).

• Edna
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Ovulation usually occurs 14 to 15 days after the first day of her cycle. The first day of her cycle is the  day on which she begins menstruating. The length of her cycle is the number of days between the first day of her period one month and the first day of her  next period . 

• 2 months ago

I think, since you asked, that it's just stupid to have sex without protection. the chances are ALWAYS high that pregnancy can happen. Children having children is a sad fact of children having sex.

• April
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

If you're having sex there is always a chance you're making a baby. If you don't want to be a dad then you better be using some sort of protection and if she was on the pill and quit then she is highly likely to get pregnant.

• ...Show all comments
    • Edna
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

If she hasn't had a Depo shot since July of last year, she's no longer protected against pregnancy. The Depo shot is effective for only 3 months. Every 3 months, she has to take another Depo shot in order to stay protected against pregnancy. An arm implant is effective for 3 years.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.