Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 2 months ago

Can I give children’s Advil to my 17 year old ? ?

My 17 year old daughter said that she has an excruciating headache and I just found out that my husband used the last of our regular Advil today. The only pain reliever in the house is Children’s Advil Chewables that I purchased for my 9 year old. It’s currently 11:58 p.m. where I live and I really don’t want to leave the house to head to Walgreens to get the regular Advil right now, but I will if I have to. Can I give her the children’s Advil just for tonight ? If so, how many of the chewables should I give her? They only have dosages for kids under 12 at the back of the box. She weighs 116 pounds. 

She can take the dosage for kids under 12.

Of course you can. The only real difference is that they are probably a lower dosage.

• Dylan

For adults it 800 milligrams per dose so just check dosage on the chewables and give her the equivalent.