promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is this 2012 Honda Civic ex sedan a good buy ?

54 miles , pervious salvage title , good condition , no mecanical problems , only 5,900 bit marked down to $5,400? Should I buy or not ?  

Attachment image

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I'd offer half as much. What does Kelly Blue Book say it's worth?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

I would not buy it since it was reconstructed.

• 2 months ago

I'd only take the risk if it passes a pre-purchase inspection by a mechanic of your choice with flying colors AND if $5400 is essentially throw-away money you're willing to risk with the worst-case being it doesn't last you a year.  Keep in mind it's priced at $5400 because it's worth $5400 at-most given its history and that it will always be worth many $1000s less than book value if you try to re-sell/trade it.  Good luck.    

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The safest thing to do is avoid prior salvage. But, that same car without the prior salvage costs a LOT more.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

No, not ever. You'll never find out everything wrong with it. Pass, and move on. 

Source(s): 20 years retail auto sales experience.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

NO to cars with rebuilt or salvage titles.  There are THOUSANDS of cars with clear titles and in good mechanical condition.  Those are the cars that you buy.

• 2 months ago

Depends on why it was 'salvaged' and how long ago.  The longer ago the better, because that means that it has proved itself.  If it was recent , be wary.  And if it was flooded with seawater , be very wary.

If it was physical damage that was well repaired , have it well inspected.

Even if it is 'perfect'  it may not be worth much because you will eventually want to sell and not many people will want a 'salvage' car .(irrational fear)

That is a very good price for a car with a clean title.  If you decide to buy this one I would try for about $4000 

I assume you meant 54,000 miles

• 2 months ago

Honda motorbikes are the best but not so much their cars. That has some life in it with that many miles on the other hand.

• Enigma
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

salvage? pass on it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.