Is this 2012 Honda Civic ex sedan a good buy ?

54 miles , pervious salvage title , good condition , no mecanical problems , only 5,900 bit marked down to $5,400? Should I buy or not ?  

I'd offer half as much. What does Kelly Blue Book say it's worth?

I would not buy it since it was reconstructed.

I'd only take the risk if it passes a pre-purchase inspection by a mechanic of your choice with flying colors AND if $5400 is essentially throw-away money you're willing to risk with the worst-case being it doesn't last you a year.  Keep in mind it's priced at $5400 because it's worth $5400 at-most given its history and that it will always be worth many $1000s less than book value if you try to re-sell/trade it.  Good luck.    

The safest thing to do is avoid prior salvage. But, that same car without the prior salvage costs a LOT more.

No, not ever. You'll never find out everything wrong with it. Pass, and move on. 

Source(s): 20 years retail auto sales experience.

NO to cars with rebuilt or salvage titles.  There are THOUSANDS of cars with clear titles and in good mechanical condition.  Those are the cars that you buy.

Depends on why it was 'salvaged' and how long ago.  The longer ago the better, because that means that it has proved itself.  If it was recent , be wary.  And if it was flooded with seawater , be very wary.

If it was physical damage that was well repaired , have it well inspected.

Even if it is 'perfect'  it may not be worth much because you will eventually want to sell and not many people will want a 'salvage' car .(irrational fear)

That is a very good price for a car with a clean title.  If you decide to buy this one I would try for about $4000 

I assume you meant 54,000 miles

Honda motorbikes are the best but not so much their cars. That has some life in it with that many miles on the other hand.

• Enigma

salvage? pass on it.