Will a 9 yo with asthma survive coronavirus?

My younger sister has more or less allergy induced asthma, it’s not bad any other time of the year and has steroids to keep her wheezing down. So a normal inhaler and one with steroids for allergy season. I know coronavirus usually doesn’t affect kids a lot but what about with asthma? As much as a fight with her, I really don’t want her to die. 

People with pre existing conditions such as asthma are in the risk group for complications if they catch coronavirus. If your sister in her particular case will survive that's not something someone can tell because it depends on many factors, like the availability of medical resources if she needs to go to the hospital

That's why we insist over and over:

Stay home

Avoid receiving guests

Practice physical isolation

Wash your hands often

Don't touch your face

And hope for the best.

There's nothing else you can do. Stay home people

Source(s): I'm a RD

There's not thought to be any child sufferers, unless there's something wrong with a child they could just carry it over to adults and not really suffer themselves, certainly nobody under 18 has died. With Asthma I think she should stay in but that's not hard with a kid, school is not enforcing that they must attend at the moment.