Anonymous

Do most people hate the rat-race?

I don't see how anyone can stand it? 

I already have a hard enough time, 

working more than 30 hours/week at

Starbucks. I ended up having a stroke

last summer and needed to be hospitalized. 

How anyone can work 40 to 50 hours/week 

after driving an hour through traffic, is 

beyond me. I can't imagine how stressful 

a middle-class job is? 

• Ajay D

a girl in my office left home at 7 am, commuted and worked and reached back home at 8 pm. She got a low salary and had ordinary intelligence. After 2 years she started getting very good offers of jobs.

rats are so cute : )

• I regularly work 40-50 hrs a week but I work odd hours, so I don't have to deal with rush hour traffic, my commute time is 20 minutes to work and 20 minutes to get home. I actually like my job so I don't consider it to be that stressful. My jobs is also more physically demanding then yours, and I don't have to deal with customers. I also get payed more then minimum wage. 

• Never

If 30 hours at starbucks caused a stroke, you have a tough life ahead of you.

< I already have a hard enough time, working more than 30 hours/week at Starbucks. I ended up having a stroke last summer and needed to be hospitalized. >

Did you fail Trolling-100?

• Scott

You poor snowflake. If you can't handle 30 hours a week you aren't ready to be an adult yet.

If you are stressed out working part-time for Starbucks, a real job would kill you. How do people do it? I guess we're just tougher than you will ever be.

Middle class jobs are easier then min wage jobs, you can delegate your work to others and waste time online after getting your stuff done. But yeah the system is wrong, some people can’t handle 40 hours and some of the ones that can don’t have the energy to do anything else in their week after those hours, it should be 20 hours or something. 

We should honestly be working closer to a twenty hour week if pay rates had continued to increase with worker productivity, but we're obsessed with the idea of a forty hour work week because it's been the established norm for decades.

• Leo

Where do they find jockies that small?