Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 2 months ago

Does marijuana minimize hypertension? ?

• I would say it probably has the opposite effect.  (But this is only from one experience.)

I used to do some home nursing for a quadriplegic & when I got to his house in the AM the first thing I used to do was get his vitals & his BP was always really low over really low.  I suppose that's the body's compensation for not being able to stand & use your limbs.  One morning I got there & his BP was around 125 over 80 or something like that.  Not at all a problem blood pressure, but just unusual for a guy who usually ran around 90 over fifty something.  Later in the day he told me his uncle had been over in the morning & they had smoked some weed.

From personal experience and testing that I've done on myself marijuana does not lower your blood pressure or slow your heart rate down it increases it. CBD has the tendency to slow your heart rate down and decrease your blood pressure

NO, it has the opposite effect and as such been implicated in a number of deaths do to heart attacks and strokes.

A modest association between recent cannabis use and (increased) systolic blood pressure was detected among a relatively large nationally representative sample of US adults.